BMW Z4 GT3 v BMW M3 GT2

It's been interesting to compare the GT3 Z4 (red) and the GT2 variant of the M3 (blue) at Monza this week. Graphs from top-down: BRAKE / GEAR / SPEED / THROTTLE / TIME DIFFERENTIAL

monza.jpg

Edited: got the red and the blue around the wrong way!! Sorry! The above colour coding is now correct in initial description. But this now actually confirms what I thought before carrying out this test. The Z4 is slightly less fast than the M3 on the straights - but because of better downforce the Z4 is better in the corners. This Z4 trait -- in relation to other cars (not M3 in the following series) tallies with what has been observed in Blancpain and also FIA GT in 2013.

Last edited:
They use Balance of performance with GT cars so often GT version is less powerful than its road going version.

I'm sooo slow in that Z4 GT3. I had to make my own setup because the default is very nervous, but where am to find all those seconds? :) And at first I thought the M3 GT2 is hard to drive, but I like it a lot now.

Edit: I've just found this: http://www.racing.gt/2013/03/2013-gt3-balance-of-performance/ .

Last edited:
I pretty much knew I would be to slow for the GT2 cars but I so want to love the Z4 GT3...but I don't. I am dreadfully slow in it but there are other cars I am just as slow in yet they are still fun for me. I can't put my finger on why but something about the GT3 just isn't "clicking" with me right now; it is kinda like lusting after a really hot girl, finding out she is available, going out with her and finding out that the two of you have not one thing in common. Heartbreaking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back