BMW Z4 GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

i tried this setup but i cant get below 2:24 on this. i just cant replicate the late braking on corners, any technique?
technique? wait for a new setup because the new update f*cked all setups up... which means that every car is now 2 seconds slower.

no joking, do you use ABS or not? i use ABS and this is what i do: i make sure i know every corner of the track. then i start braking later and later untill i found the braking spots. what could help is that when you brake, just release the brake pedal (in case of a steering wheel or joypad) slowly and steer into the corner at the same time. also don't shift back to early because a clutch kick will give snap oversteer. so shift back just before you want to go on the throttle again.

yes, i do use the abs factory and traction control off.. I made a setup for SPA for the GT3 which is so far my best time is 2:23. maybe you can take a look and look if some of my setup is correct. i just cant replicate the late braking after the kemmel straight and turn 19 which i think cost me 2-3 seconds.

Attachments

• SPA-BMW-GT3-WORKING-LATEST.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,939
Technically the Z4 should be in the 2:18 range....

with the default setup I get into the 2:24 range, modified setup gain about 1 secs

I can get into the 2:23 range, but I tend to be 5 secs off vs the fast guys in any sims, generally I loose 2.5 secs per minutes, this is especially at spa.

yes, i do use the abs factory and traction control off.. I made a setup for SPA for the GT3 which is so far my best time is 2:23. maybe you can take a look and look if some of my setup is correct. i just cant replicate the late braking after the kemmel straight and turn 19 which i think cost me 2-3 seconds.
my brakingpoint after the kemmel straight is just before the kerbs and the 100 meter sign. (as on the picture).

at the moment i am taking a look on your setup, i'll post my time with it and improve it/make my own setup for you guys :D

Attachments

• kemmel straight braking point.jpg
    kemmel straight braking point.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 2,471
i managed a 2.19.840 with your setup. it felt actually damn good. i started making my own setup and managed a 2.19.336 with it but i am not done with it. i have to leave it for a day or 2 because of new years eve and i need to work and stuff so hopefully i can upload a new setup on january 2 or 3.

anyway, happy new year!

i managed a 2.19.840 with your setup. it felt actually damn good. i started making my own setup and managed a 2.19.336 with it but i am not done with it. i have to leave it for a day or 2 because of new years eve and i need to work and stuff so hopefully i can upload a new setup on january 2 or 3.

anyway, happy new year!

Nice, maybe i really need to improve my driving. i created one because i think i made lots of changes on my initial setup that i dont know what to change next. Here is my latest setup, i managed 2:22.103 here. maybe you can slash another 4 seconds. :)

Attachments

• SPA-BMW-Z4 GT3.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,756
Last edited:
this is the final result of my setup. I managed a 2.19.215 with it on medium tyres. I also made some small mistakes here and there so I think a 2.19.000 is manageable. for qualify i suggest drive it with softs and low fuel load and maybe a 2.18.5xx will be possible (haven't tried it, it can be higher it can be lower). give it some time to understand the setup. be gentle with steering in eau rouge as it wants to oversteer a bit but it won't lose control. so don't be surprised and throw the steering wheel the other way as you'll spin out. also i must note, this setup is how I feel it works best for me. this setup might not work for you! if this setup doesn't work for you, i highly recommend trying all above setups as i also managed in the 19's range with them and also try the original setup as it still is very fast.

so here you go, try it and give me some feedback as i will also learn from it.

Attachments

• Z4 GT3.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,727
this is the final result of my setup. I managed a 2.19.215 with it on medium tyres. I also made some small mistakes here and there so I think a 2.19.000 is manageable. for qualify i suggest drive it with softs and low fuel load and maybe a 2.18.5xx will be possible (haven't tried it, it can be higher it can be lower). give it some time to understand the setup. be gentle with steering in eau rouge as it wants to oversteer a bit but it won't lose control. so don't be surprised and throw the steering wheel the other way as you'll spin out. also i must note, this setup is how I feel it works best for me. this setup might not work for you! if this setup doesn't work for you, i highly recommend trying all above setups as i also managed in the 19's range with them and also try the original setup as it still is very fast.

so here you go, try it and give me some feedback as i will also learn from it.

I cant drive your setup. lol...too much oversteer, ill give it more laps. i think i can go 2:20 with this but with perfect lap/no mistakes.

How the WR on this track is 2:15 @ RSR live timing is beyond me. Maybe it was ont in previous versions. Down to 2:18 for now, I'll post the set up when I get home.

Edit: Setup uploaded.

Attachments

• Spa_BMW.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,830
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years