BMW Z4 GT3 @ Monza

Here's mine, BUT this setup is from early version, since 0.6 this car slides much more. So maybe add 1-2 clicks on rear wing ;) The more problems u have on Ascari, the higher the rear wing, but if too much you lose on the straights! Monza is always low aero track, minimizing the aero drag.

1:47.3 PB with medium(not much slower from soft), but laptimes I think are slower now. :cautious:

Attachments

• Z4GT3-JG-T10.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 6,347
BTW you might be better off with medium slicks, it's a much more stable and predictable tire. In theory softs should be faster but only a little little bit and they last only 1 flying lap(you need to do 1 lap to wear them in too).

Members
I am extremely time limited if I get 1 or 2 hours per week to practice its a lot.
I have remedial computer skills. I am trying to download a setup but when I open
it is not like iracing where you can install it it is just a readout of info.
What am I doing wrong?

Mr. George
Thank you very much. I got it.
And a great difference i have to add
I have at least closed to within 4 sec of the decent times posted by others
You have helped me very much thanks again

I've got three.
One is a stable, 1/2 downforce version, which is slower, and one is a more twitchy, faster and more on edge (that can can turn in the same speed and tops out at 273) with 0/1 downforce.
Then there's the middle ground, the fairly stable 0/1 setup (better on the brakes) that is in the middle when it comes to speed.
Slowest to fastest in order:
1 - Vaoh
2- Z4 GT3
3- Hotlap 3
Goodluck!

Attachments

• Hotlap3.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,925
  • Vaoh Race Tirm Monza.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,395
  • z4 gt3 monza.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,747
Will have a look later tonight tomorrow
The issue I'm having is from the aero loss. I cant seem to get enough mechanical grip out of the car without going really extreme on the sliders.

So full ARB and cranking up the negative camber. I've also tried increasing both diffs to gain mid corner and corner exit grip but I still can't hold on to the thing and plant the corner exits.

I tried Tals 0/0 setup and for some reason his grips whereas mine doesn't.

So I guess what I'm asking for is a brief guide to gaining mechanical grip when extra aero is not and option.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%