BMW Z4 GT3 @ Imola

...One thing I noticed is that the car will drive softly to the left side, even in a straight portion of the track and steering wheel centered.

This setup puls to the left... don't know why.

All part of its charm :whistling:

Seriously, though, it does pull to the left! No idea why, so i've created an new one, from scratch, just in case it's something to do with the fact that the old one was created on a much earlier version of AC.

Managed a 1:43.3 with it and expect better.

EDIT: Setup modified slightly. Lapping into 1:42's with this one.

Attachments

• BMW Z4 GT3.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,585
Last edited:
All part of its charm :whistling:

Seriously, though, it does pull to the left! No idea why, so i've created an new one, from scratch, just in case it's something to do with the fact that the old one was created on a much earlier version of AC.
Later I found out it was due to too high TOE on the left front wheel, compared to the front right one.
Thanks for the 2nd setup, I'll go for it like a maniac on the track, I still need to drive better to get the game challenge achievement on imola with the z4 gt3.

With cars that have ABS by default do you guys press the brake pedals to the maximum?
Idk if force of habit, but on cars with ABS I brake like I would on cars without abs.

Later I found out it was due to too high TOE on the left front wheel, compared to the front right one.
Thanks for the 2nd setup, I'll go for it like a maniac on the track, I still need to drive better to get the game challenge achievement on imola with the z4 gt3.

Ahh, right, well spotted, at least that explains it. I thought i'd checked everything, obviously not :rolleyes:

Good luck with the challenge.

I tend not to, just because it doesn't seem right tbh, particularly with the Z4 GT3 as it pulls quite a bit to one side or the other under full braking.

I see, i'm quite new to sim racing and it's always good to get some responses on these matters here at racedepartment.
You must be tired of me always asking questions ahhahaha. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks!;)

Here's one I created earlier :thumbsup:

See what you think. I'm doing 1:43's with it, so worth a crack.

Perhaps after half a year or more i hit the Imola track with the Z4 and after 5 laps with the setup here i set 1:45.952. Mechanical failures 100% on. No stability, no ABS nor traction and with 15litres of fuel. It's very good setup however i did not understood the differences in the toe in at the front. One is 15 or 14 something like that, other is 4, the car was pulling me aside so i changed that and put both at 7.

Overall its very good. Thanks

New to AC, this is my first setup I tried (trusted the stock ones so far) - what a difference, first time I was not afraid of spinning out only thinking of pressing the throttle, the car feels much more agile and planted, and it gives feedback I immediatly got used to - done the Career 30 laps races so far with stock setup, what a failure hrrhrr - think I have to do them again, with higher % of AI skill.
One question left: how much adapation this setup may need to be used on the other career tracks?

Sorry for the threadnecro, just wanted to leave some feedback for a very noob friendly very fast nice setup, thanks @Coenwulf

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%