PC2 BMW M6 GT3 to Launch With Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 BMW M6 GT3.png

The stunning new BMW M6 GT3 will form part of the roster of cars available within Project CARS 2 once the game launches on console and PC later this year it has been announced.

With BMW Motorsport having only recently retired the incredibly successful Z4 from top line professional GT racing, the Bavarian marque have launched the all new M6 GT3 and have already begun to reap considerable success across the globe in a selection of highly regarded endurance race events and series.

Piloted by renowned BMW GT drivers in several top quality GT events throughout 2017 in the build up to a return to Le Mans and WEC in 2018, the M6 GT3 has already gone on to establish itself as a formidable racing car and quickly become a fan favourite amongst the army of BMW GT fans around the world.

Developed to all the latest performance and safety requirements of modern professional GT racing, the M6 GT3 both looks and sounds like a thoroughbred closed top GT endurance specification machine.

Now it has been revealed by British developers Slightly Mad Studios that the car will form part of a growing line up of new specification GT3 machines due to form the release day content list for Project CARS 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC when it releases toward the end of this year.

Aiming to get a jump on the announced version due to come to Assetto Corsa at an undisclosed time in the future, and looking to rival the already released version found in RaceRoom Racing Experience, it will be interesting to see the differences between the new offering from Slightly Mad Studios in Project CARS and it's main sim racing competition.

Project CARS 2 BMW M6 GT3 - 2.png

As can be seen from the reveal image attached to this post, it appears that the licence for this car comes with a real world 'works' livery, as we see the M6 dressed up in full factory BMW colours, a paint scheme synonymous with the German manufacturer and it's motorsport programmes throughout the years.

Unfortuantly the M6 reveal in Project CARS 2 has only been dropped as an early teaser at this moment in time, with the developers promising more images and information to be released separately in the coming days.

Needless to say this is a significant licence agreement from the team behind the new game, and the car should be popular amongst the many GT3 fans out within the sim racing community.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment as we bring you more news on this new announcement and other Project CARS 2 details as and when they become available...

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for a release around September 2017 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as on PC via the Steam network.

Want to know more about Project CARS 2? Fancy chatting to fellow game enthusiasts about what is known so far, or simply just to speculate on what the game could feature on release? Well look no further! Head over to the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with the community discussion right now!

Are you happy to see the M6 GT3 announced for Project CARS 2? What other models from the German marque would you like to see added to the sim? Which announced car or brand are you most excited to get your hands on come release day? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Damn, i'm super jealous of PCars2. They get all these rare GT3 cars I wish we had in AC. Kunos needs to get work. There's 7 GT3 cars that are still not in the game. lol

Bentley GT3
Jaguar GT3
Audi R8 LMS
Acura GT3
Corvette callaway GT3
M6 GT3
Cadillac ATS.VR GT3

They're really going all-out with the exclusive licenses. Makes me all the more worried they're trying to just buy themselves into competency like Forza does, but... fingers crossed either way. Nowadays, the more licenses a game tries to scrounge up before it releases, the more nervous I am.

I don't see anything wrong with a game having a good amount content. (Looking at you Kunos.)

They're really going all-out with the exclusive licenses. Makes me all the more worried they're trying to just buy themselves into competency like Forza does, but... fingers crossed either way. Nowadays, the more licenses a game tries to scrounge up before it releases, the more nervous I am.
Maybe you and I have different definitions of "exclusive." Did SMS announce this license is exclusive? As Paul mentioned in the article, M6 GT3 is available for RaceRoom and will be available for Assetto Corsa.

I find it difficult to believe that any racing game receives free licenses. You must be nervous a lot considering the amount of racing games out there.

Damn, i'm super jealous of PCars2. They get all these rare GT3 cars I wish we had in AC. Kunos needs to get work. There's 7 GT3 cars that are still not in the game. lol

Bentley GT3
Jaguar GT3
Audi R8 LMS
Acura GT3
Corvette callaway GT3
M6 GT3
Cadillac ATS.VR GT3

Raceroom has all those accept Acura and Jag, but has many other unique GT3's, and for a while too.

I have raceroom but haven't played in a while.

Well worth any sim racers time,beautiful tracks, huge content rooster with full series, good net code, competent AI,proper custom championships with MANY custom options and good performance my only real complaint not enough online players in my timezone and too many GT3 servers when we have series like DTM92,group 5 and Historic IMSA.

Oh and of course the only sim to feature a proper GTR R32 in full race trim

Maybe you and I have different definitions of "exclusive." Did SMS announce this license is exclusive? As Paul mentioned in the article, M6 GT3 is available for RaceRoom and will be available for Assetto Corsa.

Fair point, that was a slip of the tongue on my part from muscle memory. I just meant to say licenses.

I find it difficult to believe that any racing game receives free licenses. You must be nervous a lot considering the amount of racing games out there.

I more mean when they keep announcing all the licenses they have, and not really much of anything else, it doesn't bode well. A healthy car and track list is appreciated, but just announcing "we paid money to get this thing" doesn't excite me. There's far too many shovelware games out there that just sit on exclusive licenses now for me to be as excited for "we licensed the real deal!" as I am "we just really wanted to make a game based off this thing, so here it is in all but name".

Raceroom has all those accept Acura and Jag, but has many other unique GT3's, and for a while too.
Unfortunately they don't. From the current GT3 roster they only have three cars: Bentley, BMW and McLaren.
They don't have the current Audi, Corvette, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Honda, Lexus (Pcars 2), Mercedes (but soon luckily), Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini (AC). That's 3 out of 13 commonly used current GT3 cars...for me that's currently the biggest bummer of R3E, since their GT3 cars definitely feel on a complete different level compared to all other sims.

I wondered about this. I kind of think it depends on the brand. Did Forza really pay to license Hyundai, Jeep, Vauxhall and Plymouth? I would think those brands got more out of being included in racing games, then the racing games did (especially when you factor in the cost of modeling them).

Bentley GT3
Jaguar GT3
Audi R8 LMS
Acura GT3
Corvette callaway GT3
M6 GT3
Cadillac ATS.VR GT3
I saw a car list that showed like 10 or 11 GT3 in PC2, not sure if it was right

Last edited:

Bentley GT3
Jaguar GT3
Audi R8 LMS
Acura GT3
Corvette callaway GT3
M6 GT3
Cadillac ATS.VR GT3

The Callaway Corvette is really difficult to license because the guys at GM are a bunch of idiots. They oppress Callaway wherever they can, for example the Corvette is not allowed to run in big North American Series. GT Sport also didn't license the Callaway Corvette but had to build their own one instead.

@Paul Jeffrey did you already see this one?

Unfortunately they don't. From the current GT3 roster they only have three cars: Bentley, BMW and McLaren.
They don't have the current Audi, Corvette, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Honda, Lexus (Pcars 2), Mercedes (but soon luckily), Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini (AC). That's 3 out of 13 commonly used current GT3 cars...for me that's currently the biggest bummer of R3E, since their GT3 cars definitely feel on a complete different level compared to all other sims.
R3E has the calloway corvette, new audi and merc licensed to come to the game soon:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%