BMW M3 GT2 render

Simbin have never released the X-Files or render scenes. The first X-file I have ever seen from Simbin was the FRR the rest the community have done.

Personally I can see why Simbin have never done it, With licencing laws and all that jazz.

Licensing with releasing a templatepack? I think they are busy photoshopping Retro pack screenshots instead of finishing the release of their latest product we are now playing :)

But no need for a render anymore. Ill use a render of the BMW M3 GT2 from Shift 2 Unleashed, same car :thumb:

Made some good progress on the render scene...still to do: cockpit and wheels.

M3%20GTS.jpg

What version of Max are you using, and what is your light setup?
Looking at the render it appears it has the same issue as some of the other models in that the fenders don't smooth correctly.
I use 3dsmax 10 with vray. Scene is lit by an environment map, there are no physical lights. Everything is calculated through radiosity.
As for the fenders...since there is no 'clean' template yet i had to use the ingame skin which is very dithered. If you look at the picture below you can see that the texture isn't that nice. Also note the area beneath the wing...it looks not smooth but it is...
Hope there will be a decent template soon.

M3%20GTS%205.jpg

Thanks Marcel, the area that seems to be the most concern for me is the front fenders. It appears that the arc is defined with just a few large blocks instead of a decent amount of poly's.
Yeah I know but I can asure you, it's in the texture...once the template is released and we can make some dark colored skins you'll see that it isn't as bad as it looks...:)

Edit: just took a different ingame skin and it looks much better:

M3%20GTS%206.jpg

Can anyone shed some light on how to save the scene properly? I am not sure how it works with the transfer of files with the scene; I've had some trouble with loading the scene from another loacation on my HDD and 3DSMax couldn't find the textures. Thanks...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back