1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW M3 GT2 @ Nordschleife - Tuesday 5 June 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Event Details
    Car: BMW M3 GT2 (GT Powerpack)
    Tracks: Nordschleife

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
    • 19:00 Practice
    • 19:30 Qualification
    • 19:50 Warming up
    • 20:00 Race (2 x 3 laps)
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List
    Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Mario Peixoto
    3. Leonardo Tuma
    4. Stepan Senyuk
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  2. Ah this is 1 week too early, am away till Friday, but will jump in another Nords event from then.
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

You need a backmarker.
  4. I'm in too. Hope more people show up, though. :|
  5. Leonardo Tuma

Leonardo Tuma
    Premium Member

i'm up for it
  6. Sign me up please :)
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

I missed the first race but had a fun time with Marcelo in R2!
    Stepan and Mario were both very quick.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. What two great races yesterday! :D

I have never raced with the BMW M3 GT2 in this track, but I know Nordschleife very well, so after two or three practice laps I already knew how much the car could take. Changed a few things in the setup and there I was, ready to start.

R1 was super intense, Stepan was in front of me the entire time and I was trying to overtake him, but it is almost impossible in this track. I was faster during the straights / fast zones, but he would go away after the Karusell. I had to lift up or even brake when I got too close to him, which happened a few times, since the gap was usually 1 second. I only managed to really catch him once, during the main straight, but I didn't have enough time to overtake him. Unfortunately on lap 3 I did a mistake and Stepan went away. Second place.

R2 was pay back time! :D I managed to get in front of Stepan and even though he was faster than me in some sections, he couldn't overtake me. During the main straight I was faster, so the gap got bigger there. After driving on the edge 2 entire laps, I relaxed a bit on the third one. Stepan got really close, but then he lost control when exiting a corner. I waited but he took a long time to get back, so I finished 1st. Not the finale I was waiting for, but still, two amazing races, thanks Stepan and all who showed up!:thumbsup:

Best time: 7:00:2xx with this car. A little bit more and I would have done less than 7 minutes!
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.