1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW M3 GT2 @ Nordschleife - Monday July 18th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Remco de Wildt, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Required RACE 07 expansions: GTR Evo, GT Power Pack
    Class: BMW M3 GT2
    Track: Nordschleife
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT - Superpole
    Warm-up: 19:50 GMT
    Race: 20:00 GMT 2x 4 Laps
    Password: click here
    Rules: Click here

Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

Race 1:

Race 2:
  2. count me in :)
  3. not my favorit car after last RDGTC but Nordschleife :redface:
  4. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Nordschleife indeed :D I will be there :)
  5. My favorite track, but RWD it's not my commitment. Maybe I could try, 50/50 count me.
  6. Wow, already 8 drivers in :frown:. With this car we had more then 50 drivers last RDGTC, what´s wrong with the event ? It´s not only here, maybe the last 3-4 club races i drove wasn´t more then 15 drivers and mostly wide under 10 drivers finish, it´s shame :rose-dead:.
  7. Jempy

Premium Member

I was thinking to participate to this Racing Club.
    I did some training without problem, but when trying a race with 10 cars, I get a Runtime Error after a few curves in 2nd lap.
    Tried a second time and same error.

If this must happen in race, no need to sign in ... Does this happen in multiplayer too ? Is there a fix for that problem ?
  8. Server is up :)
  9. Can´t imagine this will happen in multiplayer but also i never heared from such a problem, maybe only a singleplayer problem.
  10. i know that in this track is better don't have video setting at max
  11. Jempy

Premium Member

12. Jempy

Premium Member

I'll give it a try and if it succeeds in time, I'll sign in. Know I'll be the slowest but no problem. :)
  13. It's been a while and I'd like to join, but is it really at 20:00 GMT (Even London currently being GMT+1)? Or is it BST? Because that would be 22:00 here in Germany which is too late. And no one uses GMT during summer anyway do they?
  14. You are right, race starts 22:00 our time. Maybe not the best for us i agree but last for the Mini more driver could sign in. But seems not for this event :tongue:.
  15. It is 22:00 for us Ant.

We always use GMT as a standard, so in summertime it is GMT +2 in Germany.
  16. Jempy

Premium Member

Thanks Marco. I lowered video settings and made 3 laps with 10 cars without problems ... or so it seems !:)

Then ... I give it a go ! and if I suddenly disappear, you'll know why.

NB: in Belgium GMT +2 also, so qualifying begins at 21:30, 20:30 in UK. 1 hour sooner is sometimes a bit early in UK !
  17. Ok, thanks guys. I'll have to see how much coffee my body can handle and check back later :)
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

R1: Erling, I'm so sorry for the tap! I figured you had the speed.
  19. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

I really had fun tonight, guys, a real pleasure :) In the first race i got helped and then I helped someone off the road myself, so I let myself to the back of the grid as I did not know who I knocked around. From there on I started to fight my way back up, and ended up back in 6th after some nice battles along the way :)

In race 2 I outbraked myself from third after Schwedenkreutz, rejoined in sixth, but dropped even further. Had on and off-fights with Truls for most of the two first laps, but managed to break away. After I let Doc Watson (don't remember the first name, sorry) through, I span and hit the wall coming out of Schwalenschwanz, and lost my splitter an punctured the right front tire. Did not loose to mutch time on the straight, and when I could sneak my way through the final corners I could secure another sixth position.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.