BMW M3 E30 Group A @ Mugello

Ted

On a BMW S1000RR IRL, here anything with 3+ wheels
You can probably guess why I'm asking for this setup - trying to beat the Alien challenge for the Mugello E30 special event race. :)

Would be awesome if there are any setups out there that you'd be willing to share!

Slightly adjusted default setup (Literally only wing, fuel, gears). Good for 2:04 (and below probably). The AI does around 2:05s if I remeber correctly. So nothing fancy, but it will do I guess. I only post this because noone else replied:laugh:

Attachments

• default-5laps.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 2,345
Hey guys long time lurker and setup stealer, figured Id add one here. http://www.mediafire.com/download/qtxr4gkk5oycyc7/e30_GPA_MartCerv_2_04_04_Mugello.rar Can do 2:04.1 but they have been ugly laps so a good one should be able to get under 2:04 If its too loose you can add rear wing as I can even do mid 4's with rear wing on 4 but its a bit pushy though much easier to drive consistently that way. Actually my PB was set with rear wing on 3 this set has it on 0.

Here is a video with winning the challenge race. I can do pretty consistent mid 2:04's but this race got held up a little so only the one quicker lap on lap 2. The AI are quick here at Alien and if you give the leader too much gap your not going to catch him unless you can go under 2:04 as he can run high 3's and low 4's on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a hotlap with that setup pretty bad into t1 and also the last turn so a fair bit more time can be gained with a good lap but this is 2:03.925

<Mod Edit: Videos go in our Media Gallery>

Try this one, let me know what you think.

Ok, time to update my rating of your setup: it's awesome! :) Finally managed to complete the AI event at Alien difficulty (some really nice battling for P1, the AI has come a long way in 0.6.6):

Thanks for posting, great race you had there with the AI chap. If that race had anything at all to do with my setup then that makes me a better engineer than a driver! I've a long way to go before I can beat the aliens.

Reactions: Ted
u talk of times 2.05 without setup and with the setup above i cannot get under 2.06

In the videos i noticed very big difference and very big diff too in stability not also the steering wheel. It seems i have bigger job given my Logitech Formula Force FX ... i need some G27 for sure :/

Very good videos there! thanks for sharing the setup though

[edit] just did 2:05.9xx with the first setup

[edit2] haha moved wings front 2 rear 0 and there it is 2:04.8
http://prntscr.com/2xleht

Last edited:
AI are very stupid, i manage to break on P1 by the end of Turn 2 and someone will just touch me and i am out, i got pissed off! Cannot continue for today haha, seriously, they need to be sorted out!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 274 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 137 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%