BMW M3 E30 Gr. A

screenshot001.jpg

Here's the first release of the BMW M3 Gr. A. Thanks to Jole, TtR and Cosmo for the street version. I've made a few changes to the mesh, as well as remapped the whole car. It's still not finished, but I've decided not to call it a beta. Think of it more as a base version :)

Get it at http://racedemon.com

If you have comments, suggestions or would like to help out, drop me a line at mail@fredriksoerlie.com or comment wherever I might read it ;)

Nice, the Spa ETCC version :)

There are so many different versions of the car that it's hard to pick one to recreate, but that looks like a good choice :)

Edit: Never mind, I thought you had changed the skin, but that was my bad :p

Yeah, it's geared for shorter tracks, but you may just change the final drive. They we're interchangable on the real car, so just put whatever you want really :)

interchangeable.. somewhat :p quite considerable work needs to be done to change them :p changing the pinion is demanding :p

thank god it's easier in racer! XD

original ratios that I can remember off the bat:
1:4.44
1:3.9
1:3.73
1:3.64 (got this one on my own 325i)
1:3.07

There are more, but they're primarily for the auto transmission models. Might be a 1:2.9something too that fits onto the 188mm diff that is found on these..

Men fredrik, projektorlys på M3? :p

OT: does someone in the Lørenskog/Oslo area have a LGA775 socketed motherboard they want to donate? :p

Not sure what ratios it used, but they probably had several complete diff housings with different ratios. For a works racing team, changing the pinion is probably not the most complicated thing in the world. They didn't use a standard gearbox so chances are the diffs were racing spec too ;)

you're quite right about the works teams should be able to change a pinion quite easily, but because of how it's done it takes time (did this myself when I changed from a 3.07 to 3.64). best guess would be multiple casings. destroying a bearing each time you press the pinion out will cost over time (inner one usually separates) :) about racing spec diffs, from what I've learnt (not insisting it's correct), even the Sport Evo 3 (2.5L, pretty much the same car which the works team raced) got the 188mm, medium case diff :) Differences in carriers only :) But as said, I might be wrong too :)

enough r/l o/t from my part, amazing car you've made here :)

Thanks. Good thing it's easier in Racer than real life, isn't it :p

Having said that, what's difficult for your avarage joe is a routine job for a racing team. I've been involved in motorsport for years, and you'd be surprised to see what the teams are able to change on a saturday evening. Their job is to fix or change stuff as fast as possible, so even if they had to fabricate a new pinion for each race, they would do it without blinking ;)

Both the RS500 and the M3 will have an interior sometime, but it's not priority right now. As for CG, isn't that just shader stuff?

Yeah it is fsr, I'm pretty sure I remember someone... probably DF, saying they'd done some cg shaders for it, I could be wrong though lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back