AC BMW M3 E30 DTM @ Silverstone - Tue 25th Nov 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry, I had to leave - got a hit in the back and broken glass, couldn't race with that.
acs_gl.jpg

Sorry, I had to leave - got a hit in the back and broken glass, couldn't race with that.
View attachment 72845

I think you could race, as i have many times done with broken windscreen.

Good race guys, i was lucky and very unlucky at the same time.

Started 5th and by the 3rd turn i was 1st with 8 secs from the second guy due to a crash in front.

I was doing really good times and i was happy lapping like a happy badger.....until the 6th lap, i felt something was wrong, checked my tire app, 98% (on 6th lap) until 9th lap i was on 95% and was lappign 4 secs slower than my qualify time. Oh sh*t i said, i am using the softs ! noooooooooooooes :D

After 3-4 laps the 2 guys behind me caught up and i just couldn't make the car turn and/or stop.
Akis passed me as he was carrying huge amounts of speed in the corners (i guess he used hard tires)
I was fighting the car, downshifting to the limiter and then on 13th lap the gearbox started skipping gears.... kicking out gears or whatever.

Since i have never ruined a gearbox in AC so much, i thought it would keep going for 2 more laps so i kept punishing it hard ! aaaaaaand on 14th lap the gearbox told me it had enough of me and it just wouldnt work, only neutral! :D
Cool story i know :p
DNF

That was fun. ...just couldn't get a good setup with the car. Kept pushing all over the place. Tried to stay competitive and changed the springs a bit right before the race but after damaging my front splitter at the start/crash I don't think that helped my understeer any. In the end, just tried to keep @Geoffroy Tassenoy behind me but was looking at him in the mirrors too much and then spun. :)

Fun car, hope to dial in a better set up next time. Thanks guys.

Just want to say sorry all for the mess in turn 3 and the faulty start and all the mistakes I did during the race (don't know who I hit from the back). Totally messy race from me....

Thks again Akis and RD for the race and everyone who join.

edit: @Stelios Fevgatos I have similar degradation from my tires but I think I was on medium compound but I only could get fast laps on my 5/6 laps. Yeah on soft it might be crazy for you :S

Last edited:
That was fun. ...just couldn't get a good setup with the car. Kept pushing all over the place. Tried to stay competitive and changed the springs a bit right before the race but after damaging my front splitter at the start/crash I don't think that helped my understeer any. In the end, just tried to keep @Geoffroy Tassenoy behind me but was looking at him in the mirrors too much and then spun. :)

Fun car, hope to dial in a better set up next time. Thanks guys.

Yeah, i tried a couple setups but i used the default one in the end...
Just didn't have the energy to practice today and check out any other options etc

Guys thanks for the nice race! I had some pretty intense fights with @George Vasmoulakis and @Stelios Fevgatos.
To answer your question Stelios, I was running on hards - thank god! I knew something was wrong with your car. I thought you had the mediums.. But softs? Just wow!

Race stats

Most consistent lap times: @George Vasmoulakis (68% of their laps within 0.77 secs of their average)

Hunter: @Akis Kevrekidis (avg gap to car in front 1.04 secs)

Hunted: @Stelios Fevgatos (avg gap to car behind 3.43 secs)

Busiest: @Akis Kevrekidis (avg total gap in front and behind 6.03 secs)

Loneliest: @Toni Anicic (avg total gap in front and behind 110.37 secs)

Race results

I like this car. :)
But I didn't manage to respext her :cry:.

First of all, sorry @Diogo Ramalho, obviously you're taking responsability for incident in turn 3.
With the replay, I got the line and I am a bit in front of you, but I would have leave you some room if I knew you were there. I could have prevent it, so I take my part of responsability.
And the fatality decided that it it wouldn't be a successfull race when she let you accost my rear and destroy my suspension.
So definitly no hard feeling, just dissapointed we were not able to race further together. ;)

No choice to pit stop and go for a lonely 14 laps.
(Sorry to hear than other choose to leave instead of going on). :whistling:

On this topic, mandatory pit stop could help people who are mechanicly penalised, by their own mistakes or by race incidents, to stay in the 'race'. Just a thought...

Thx for the event!
See you next

Just loved this race.. but I was struggling a lot with this car! Started at 11th place and for a couple of minutes I was second, struggling so hard in corners. Understeer all the way!! Ended 4th. Don't know in which lap it was but I drove on 2 wheels in corner 4 between Maggotts and Becketts! CRAZY.. here are some screenshots I made! That must have been a spectacular sight driving behind me ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-21.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-21.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-23.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-23.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-28.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-28.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-31.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-31.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-34.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_silverstone_25-11-2014-21-19-34.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 240
I like this car. :)
But I didn't manage to respext her :cry:.

First of all, sorry @Diogo Ramalho, obviously you're taking responsability for incident in turn 3.
With the replay, I got the line and I am a bit in front of you, but I would have leave you some room if I knew you were there. I could have prevent it, so I take my part of responsability.
And the fatality decided that it it wouldn't be a successfull race when she let you accost my rear and destroy my suspension.
So definitly no hard feeling, just dissapointed we were not able to race further together. ;)

No choice to pit stop and go for a lonely 14 laps.
(Sorry to hear than other choose to leave instead of going on). :whistling:

On this topic, mandatory pit stop could help people who are mechanicly penalised, by their own mistakes or by race incidents, to stay in the 'race'. Just a thought...

Thx for the event!
See you next

+1 on mandatory pitstops, i could just make a pitstop and change tires :p
+1 on people shouldnt quit the race because they spun a couple of times or they had their windshield broken...

Just to make sure everyone's on the same page about this.
If you sign up for a club event, you are expected to finish it, even if you you had some spinouts/crashes/ unfortunate moments during the race.

Congratulations the podium an averyone who finish the race. :rolleyes:
My Q18 with 2:18.116 and R5 with 2:21.00 average time is not the reason for happines but i`m learning...:x3:

Some highlights from my car:
@Diogo Ramalho out of curiosity, do you use a steering wheel and if yes, how many degrees of rotation? I ask because your car seemed very twitchy (especially at 1.43)!

Hy Akis,

Yes I use a Logitech G25 with 900 degrees of rotation. And yes When I was in front of you my car was really twichy and probably because of my tyres degradation. As I said in my previous post I don't know what was going on but I felt my tyres going out of grip very early, probably low tyre pressure and my aggressive driving in first laps contribute for that matter (I'm not very experience in long races.. mehh). By the way, the setup I was using is the one I posted in here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%