AC BMW M235i @ Nurburgring GP - Tuesday 19 May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lag is back... sigh

Lasted one lap and lagspike hit Tobias wide when he was behind me, so need to completely change my in-game settings again and hope and pray that there is no lag when the league starts :/

I had awesome fun today. Thanks all.
I don't know who i hit. I'm really sorry. You cam across from the right side, i as trying to get good exit and i didn't realized we will touch.
If i may say this cutting penalty is so wrong. Got it twice today. One when i was avoiding crash. Sometimes 2 cars in chicane just doesn't go. And the other time when i was unstable on braking. Both time i lost a lot of time plus i got penalty. Isn't PLP app enough?
Will the same rule apply for the official series?? I really hope not. A huge hazard on track when one suddenly starts to brake plus the penalty is usually not fair.
I don't care about today race and penalty but for better of all i think it shouldn't be used.
But that's just my humble opinion.

Sorry again for that touch. I was gutted. But think not my fault idk...

If i may say this cutting penalty is so wrong. Got it twice today. One when i was avoiding crash. Sometimes 2 cars in chicane just doesn't go. And the other time when i was unstable on braking. Both time i lost a lot of time plus i got penalty
Sorry @Akis for going off topic, but I agree. I don't run with it in my events but will watch the replay closely after the race and report drivers if I see fit. I have seen enough races ruined by the penalty system especially if you go wide to avoid other racers.

Not a discussion point for this thread. just my 2 cents. :)

EDIT: I fully stand by Akis using it because I do think it works on a number of tracks well! im not sure I have the patience to test each one tho :)

:D Satisfying comeback i must say! Very consistend race, only few minor mistakes :) Second best in consistency :):D:roflmao::roflmao: :thumbsup:
Only strange that i lacked one sec laptime in race...but when i jumped into hotlapping right after, already my second lap was this 1 sec faster (2.13.5)... are the conditions that different?

Reactions: Si
Lag is back... sigh

Lasted one lap and lagspike hit Tobias wide when he was behind me, so need to completely change my in-game settings again and hope and pray that there is no lag when the league starts :/

I think you are the one who should pray not to have any lag, don't think you will be allowed to race -in the cup- when you teleport in this many races, please try and find a solution :D

:D Satisfying comeback i must say! Very consistend race, only few minor mistakes :) Second best in consistency :):D:roflmao::roflmao: :thumbsup:
Only strange that i lacked one sec laptime in race...but when i jumped into hotlapping right after, already my second lap was this 1 sec faster (2.13.5)... are the conditions that different?

Yup, hotlap probably had 100% track grip. The race was run at what... 95%?

Penalties some times are too harsh, sometimes are too forgiving. Thing is, if you keep at least 2 tyres on track at all times(as the rules dictate), you'll never have a problem.
Getting a penalty when trying to avoid an accident is very unfortunate. Getting a penalty for rejoining the track at high speed is not wrong I think. You should always be very careful when you rejoin the track. :)

Hi guys, thanks for my first race on Race Department! I had a good practice and quali, dropped my lap times down by 4 sec. Lap 1 of the Race did not go so well. After making a couple of positions by going wide into turn one, I got dive bombed by ************ which put me in last. I then made contact with him again as his brakes locked up a few corners later and he skidded across the racing line. On lap 2, I'm not sure if he was driving defensively or just unpredictably but I had to seriously back off a few corners to avoid more contact. I watched in horror as he pulled another dive on lap 2 against ***** Just, missing the corner and then holding us up as he tried to regain control. Later in lap 2 I got nudged again as the guy behind tried to take the inside into the chicain, suicidal. On lap 3 ****** tried another crazy trick a couple of cars in front of me, driving up the inside of the chicain and nearly causing another big accident. On lap 4 I thought I might finally pass him, I was getting very close but tried to give him room in the corners but he took one odd line and braked mid corner and I had nowhere to go but t-bone him.

Sorry to Alex Parker who I hit entering the chicain, I was at max braking and went into the back of him but not much harm was done.

A big game freeze caused me to lose a position on lap 9 but atleast I didn't crash. I was chasing it back but cut too much of a corner and had to take a penalty slowdown on lap 10. Harsh harsh system. Not even a warning for first offence.

The rest of my race was spent chasing down Alex Parker which was really enjoyable, we were closely matched but had different lines so good fun. Shame he lost connection or something on the last lap.

On a final note, and I'm sorry to whine as its my first race I haven't really earnt the right to complain but for me at least the TS talking was excessive and very distracting. I don't mind the odd joke or a few lines of banter but full on tech support and other long chats are hard to drive with for me atleast. I know its a casual race for you guys at the front but it still takes a lot of my concentration at the back.

Sorry again for the ranting nature of this post. Have a look at the replay and tell me if I'm being to sensitive or what ever.

MOD EDIT: Please don't name and shame in the forum, please follow reporting guidelines:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing