rF2 BMW M1 @ Nordschleife - Wed 7th April 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was not a good start for me here at RD :frown: In practice and quali before the official event I drove my normal laptimes. Then Ryan chatted something about "2 mins until official practice"...what the heck ?!?! :confused: I just forgot that Germany is +2 hours to GMT after changing DST... :redface: After that concentration and driving rythm where gone. No timed lap in the practice (or one? I don't remember...too much crashes), just one safe lap in the quali... I was lucky to grab pole by just half a second... And finally, an unforced error on an easy part on the track which lead into a highspeed crash. The car was heavily damaged. I hardly managed it to come into the pits after some more spins^^. P5 is the result of two more errors because of the now completely lost concentration.

Nevertheless, it was a nice race! Thanks to Ryan and Toni, it was harder than it looked like in the beginning of the session. Gratz Ryan for winning! :) And also to all others finishing the race. :) I am looking forward to racing on wednesday in the V8! :) There, I am not as fast. I am still about 2-3 seconds off the pace... I'm not used to the V8Factor mod. For me, it is a bit...strange...with setups. :confused:

Regards,
Harald

Hadn't done any practice prior to the event, aside from a quick test for event setup and struggled a little at first.

Qualified P2, after improving my lap speed all the time. However, it could easily have been pole, on my best lap which looked like being a 33 I clouted the inside wall at Mini-Karoussel and almost came to a complete stop :D. 2nd was fine though.

Race: It looked to be a straight fight between me and Harald but Nords never works like that :). First two laps we were mainly nose-to-tail, a few errors from myself kept us a second or so apart. Then I had a slow-motion spin, the worst kind and lost 15 seconds, losing 2nd to Toni too. Caught and passed Toni, he was vrey sporting. Then long way behind Harald, and a slightly damaged car meant all I could dowas keep him honest and hope for a mistake. Which came on lap 3 - first I saw yellow flags and a whisper of an engine note, two corners later I passed Harald, who now had no rear wing.

Now the race was mine to lose, but I committed mistake after mistake, my concentration was akin to that of a ADHD 7 year old on Pro Plus. Car was buggered, but I just managed to hold off Toni to take the win. It's a good job I had raw speed, because I kept bloody spinning.

A win that left me feeling very unsatisfied as I knew I didn't drive well.

Thanks to those that showed up :)

That was amazingly hard work :p Didn't have the confidence in the car to go quicker so was easily slowest on track, was knackered by the end but it wasn't a bad drive tbh just slow. Thanks to Ryan and RD for the event :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%