1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU BMW GT2 @ Daytona oval! Mon 04.08.14

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Si, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Si

Premium Member

Welcome the DAYTONA 100, we will be running 40 laps to get in the 100 miles for this iconic track!

We will be running a pace lap at the start and the leader will call green on the start/finish line as he crosses for a single file rolling start.

Can everybody please be on ts please as you will need to communicate your position to other drivers.

Haven't got the game yet? Buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for only 29,99 Euro

Special Notes:
    • Book your slots in time from 18:00 GMT onwards which leaves you with a 60 minute time frame to complete your booking on the server. If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 17:00 GMT so your spot can go to somebody else.
    • Passwords are sent via private message on the forums before the booking starts
    Cars: BMW M3 GT2
    Track: Daytona oval, download http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/daytona.88891/

Booking: 18:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:00 GMT
    Race: 20:00 GMT (Insert number of laps)

Racing Club Rules: click here
    Teamspeak Password:
    click here
    Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification. Example @@RaceDepartment

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit! The more fun we make it, the more inclined people will be to join in and make the grids bigger.

Priority access
    In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

Entry List Server
    1. Akis Kevrekidis
    2. Paul Hurlow
    3. Simon Knight
    4. Włodek Traczyk
    5. Falko Renner
    6. Jason Semerau
    7. Benjamin Hellmann
    8. Morne Du Plooy
    9. Jamie Barclay
    10. Krisztián Tóth
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    On race night pm the drivers with the password
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Akis

Over 9000 Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. PaulH

Premium Member

Yes plz, be great to run an Oval :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PaulH

Premium Member

Come on ! Sign up for some oval fun! :whistling:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Si

Premium Member

Plenty of time. I suspect a few will join on Monday. :)
  6. Sign me up...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. that sounds like fun, sign me up :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SlyDrJ

Host of The Trackside Experience

Add me plz boss.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Si

Premium Member

@Akis Kevrekidis
    @Jason Semerau
    @Falko Renner
    @Włodek Traczyk
    @Paul Hurlow

Due to the fact this is a experimental event, and we don't know how the race is going to pan out. I would like to introduce cautions (yellow flag pace lap) after 10, 20, and 30 laps to bring the field back together.

If all is well then then this wont be needed, and we wont have it, just a way to have some fun and enjoy some close oval racing!

any complaints?
  10. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

I'm in. Finally my iRacing experience is gonna pay off :D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. There is a good camera in the replay Daytona oval.:(
  12. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

There's a bunch of really odd bumps at the road course entry and exit. Watch out people. Also liking the caution idea if the field gets stretched out too much.
    Is drafting actually implemented yet?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Si

Premium Member

@Tobias Röhner, Yes drafting was implemented in the last patch, which is why I waited till now for this event.

The car can suck up pretty quick and get loose if your not careful, and please everyone no bump drafting. This is not NASCAR.
  14. Please sign me up.
  15. I have a question about Teamspeak. Is Teamspeak actually on? Is actually somebody on Teamspeak, because it shows me that iam the only client. Or can I only join Teamspeak with the password from the actually race?
    I would like to test it now. I hope you understand what i mean.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  16. Okay i try it later when the race starts.
    I've always hate TS3:D
  17. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

TS usually fills up in time for the race. :)