Resource icon

Cars BMW E36 320 JUDD V8 Georg Plasa 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
HI Eboo, hate to say this but just installed the C190 JUDD mod and that fails in the same way.Let me know if you need logs etc.
GPU is a GTX950M.

Both cars work on vn 1.14 , but neither on 1.16. Based on something AccAkut said in this thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...odded-car-to-work-ac-v1-16.48903/#post-955148
I removed the DTM E30 from the 1.14 cars directory and tried 1.14. The 1.14 version still loaded up no problem. Trying the E30 DTM loads ok in 1.16 (again, note I have no DLC on 1.16 yet).
the driver models are stored somewhere else, /assettocorsa/content/driver I think.

What you could try is just deleting the sfx folder of the E36, maybe there was some change to the GUIDs, but normally errors on that part should just result in no sound for that single car :/ I have no idea what changed between 1.14 to 1.16, or what version AC is at the moment, I have updates on automatic

Thank AccAkut, I really appreciate your help. I did as you suggest and unfortunately, still fails. The KN5 files within driver folder for both versions of driver_80 and driver_80_b are the same size, as are the driver skin files for BMWs. Replacing the 1.16 driver 80 files with the 1.14 files still fails.
It may well be that the cars really do refer to DLC, but I cant see how.
My updates are on auto too, I'm on 1.16.3 (64bit).

Curiouser... I found a folder called SDK/Dev/content/ called "old_v1.4_driver". There's a "driver_80kn5" in there that is smalller than the 1.16vn. Tried replacing v1.16 version with this one. The launcher didn't crash this time, it just hung. CM shows no errors. Nor do the log files as far as I can tell.

Can anyone explain the Data folder, or lack of it. A lot of people suggest modding the aero.ini file within the data folder however I have yest to see a car with a data folder. There is a data file and I assume this is expanded when the car is loaded. I also assume this file encrypted because when I try extracting it using Quick BMS and look at an INI file its encrypted

Can anyone explain the Data folder, or lack of it. A lot of people suggest modding the aero.ini file within the data folder however I have yest to see a car with a data folder. There is a data file and I assume this is expanded when the car is loaded. I also assume this file encrypted because when I try extracting it using Quick BMS and look at an INI file its encrypted
It is for online racing so no one can change the cars physics to their advantage, or change the physics in general

As I told before, I cannot load the car..
GPU is a R9 280X

LOG:
LOADING COLLIDER MESH FILE: content/cars/bmw_e36_judd/collider.kn5
LOADING MODEL content/cars/bmw_e36_judd/collider.kn5
VERSION=6

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\caravatar.cpp (1309): CarAvatar::initPhysics
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\caravatar.cpp (896): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\racemanager.cpp (462): RaceManager::initOffline
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFDB9F02774)
00007FFDB9F02774 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFDBC830D61)
00007FFDBC830D61 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

As with Petrolhead, the DLCs were 50% off a couple of weeks ago, so bought most of them and suddenly both Judds (BM & Merc) now work perfectly. Wish I'd loaded each pack separately and tested, sorry. All I can say is get the DLCs.

The only thing DLCs bring in is files that go into the content folder, nothing that interferes with the core engine and other content, only possible explanation I can find is that one of the missing font files somehow crashes the sim, or rather one of the instrument scripts will not run blank.

Yes you need dlc becouse i based on 190 DTM files. The car have new owner. Now its KW demo car. I wrote to KW ,i think find some data :D
About car performance on goodwood car was really fast,beating group c ,gt3,gt1 cars

Hello
Do I get the skin files so I can create my own skin and details ?
The car is perfect and really fun.
Screenshot_bmw_1m_s3_ks_red_bull_ring_24-7-118-22-51-43.jpg

1.png

you can do a template yourself with Content Manager or use that one above I made

I found that the version I have here uses a shader for that main body that has no sunSpec and sunSpecEX, you may want to change that, car just looks way more real with those values in sunny weather.
Also found that the brake disc glow has a much too long fading time, on some tracks the brakes basically flow constantly (currently running Red Bull Ring there)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back