1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW E30 holes..

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Kennett Ylitalo, May 26, 2009.

1. Those mysterious holes at the back of a beemer, what are they? We were wondering that in a another forum and nobody had a clue as to what they are.. Any info here, gents?
  2. Machine gun holes ;)
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Do you have a picture of the holes?
  4. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

id say either exhaust, or rocket booster mounting points
  5. At first I thought they were custom exhaust holes, but to be honest i'm thinking more that they are somewhere for trucks to pull the cars out of gravel traps or something.
  6. these big holes are for refueling guys, one for fuel in, one for air out to make it fast
  7. Hahahaha.
    My brother saw me playing and asked me the same question 2 minutes+- ago XD
    I answered what Michael did ofcourse :)
  8. It's thrusters ... the most logical answer so far :D
  9. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

It's an Oil Slick deployment thing, would explain how I mysteriously spin off behind them things :becky:
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

It are ventilation holes for the kidnapped man in the trunk
  11. :that:
  12. And what about the white skinny lines on the front bumper that are unskinnable. Mysterious car, this M3...
  13. Lies!
  14. They change colour depending on the mood of the car. White is neutral. Red is anger, blue means its lacking oxygen, black means its feeling suicidal, and for brown..uh..dont think you want to know ;)
  15. If purple? that means .. uhm ... :tits:
  16. Ok, found the answer. They are for refueling. Don't have a slightest idea why there's two, probably for the air to come out.. or for a crosseyed mechanic. Who knows, the Germans are strange folks..

Here's a picture from the back showing the fueltank.

Attached Files:

17. either I am showing my age or you guys are young or new touring cars / motorsports fans.

they holes are for refueling.
    1 is fuel in, the other is when the tank is full the petrol comes back up into the line showing that the tank is full (in simple answer form)...

Not really a isolated thing to the e30 :wink2:
  18. what i sayed earlyer lol
  19. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

20. Lol i thought we all knew, haha. The cars these days that still use a system like this f.e. are the Janpanese GT cars in the JGTC.

But about the lines being white? how come we can't skin them anyway?
    Are they missing Polygons or turned inside out Polygons?

The E30 M3 looks like a rushed modeling job because of the line.