BMW-E21-320i-group 5 @ Riverside Layouts - Thu 29th Nov

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: BMW-E21-320i-group 5 (Download)
Track: Riverside (Download) - We are using the Nascar & CanAm layouts for these 2 races.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (10 laps)

Note 1: Race 1 - Nascar Circuit (Default chosen car/skin only)
Note 2: Race 2 - CanAm Circuit (Default chosen car/skin only)
Note 3: Pleas pick your skin when signing up from the list and stick to it. first come first served basis.
Note 4: Car Skins available : 5 7 8 9 11 14 15 16 23 24 26 27
31 32 33 36 51 59 62 63 65 75 76 98 114(14) 159
(only skins visible above are available . (Skin 114 plain grey only shows number 14))
Note 5: Please enter server before the practice session to make sure all is working with your car and system
Note 6: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito - car/skin :# 12
  2. Rupe Wilson - car/skin : # 292
  3. Stuart Thomson - car/skin : # 55
  4. Hans Sneep - car/skin : # 10
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius - car/skin : # 302
  6. Jack Smith - car/skin : # 4
  7. Carlos Diaz - car/skin : # 1
  8. Eck Simpson - car/skin : # 3
  9. Jacob Boonstra - car/skin : # 81
  10. Bob Hutchins - car/skin : # 50
  11. Alberto Tescara - car/skin : # 20
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Roland Warmenhoven - car/skin : # unused
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

CD key didn't appear yet, so better count me out. :(

Got a few laps in and it's fun but the rear keeps stepping out when I'm decelerating, maybe I need to be even more careful. :)

Tom Endres - acclimatising from other games to GTL is not a 10 minute job, so don't worry about it. As I said somewhere else recently, it's a steep old learning curve, but we've all been up it, and we'll always help newer drivers out.

In GTL, at least the default cars, there is only 1 FWD car, and that's the Mini, and few (if any) have any aero to speak of to rely on.

Pretty much the only thing keeping them planted is gravity, their suspension isn't particularly complex, and the tyres, though modern construction, are still hard and treaded in most cases.

While you're waiting to get the key, try these cars out offline: Lotus Elite -> Lotus Cortina -> Ford Mustang

All pretty nice handling in their respective type, and importantly have a decent default setups. These are for indication only, mind you - the cars in GTL are way more different and varied within classes than in, say, Race07.

Thanks, that's clear to me - I just gotta get some laps in. :)

Two things tho. Is it possible to remove the odometer and leave the stuff on top visible? So that I can see my position etc. but not the odometer. The options I had found can remove the stuff on top and leave the odometer visible - but I want it to be vice versa.

5H7iG.jpg

Weird anyway, the OSD is half German, yet the menu is English.

Also, left / right / up / down on the pit board is bound to the D-PAD on my T500RS but it's triggering on it's own. Any known issues about that?

We tend to use XD for the data the top display gives you, and then turn off the in game HUD completely.

I think you're the first GTL-er I know who has a T500, so that's all new on me.

You can remap from within the controls.

This is a Race Event Thread, so please use the GTL Troubleshooting Thread for general queries like this.

This is a Race Event Thread, so please use the GTL Troubleshooting Thread for general queries like this.

Whoops, completely messed it up - thought I had replied to a different thread. Anyway, my key still isn't visible so if you could remove me from the OP it'd be...well..appreciated. :(

21:45 - key is now showing up. Great timing. °_°

So guy's here are my downfalls...

Pre race P: I can really say that I enjoyed the track (Nascar layout at least) so I thought I was going competitive until the practice session started ...

Q1: ...but still my initial prediction somehow turned out to be correct because I was 3rd (although I have to admit that was to my complete surprise, especially when you take practice results into prospective)...

R1: ...but it wasn't long before I was once again hit by a first lap curse, but this time it was my pathetic wheel spin off the line and turtle pace in the esses (I was being overtaken from both sides :D, but at least I didn't spin like I usually do) and all of a sudden I found myself near the back. It wasn't long before I gathered myself up and started to settle into the rhythm. After the first few laps I found myself behind Roland somewhere around 8th or 9th. Aaaand that was it :roflmao:. I was catching him rapidly in the esses, but then he would regain it all on the exit to the longest straight, so nothing happened (although I tapped him in the bumper once, I think). I did, however, benefit from a few hick-ups from the others, so at the end of the race I found myself in the respectable 6th.

Q2: Didn't practice on the Can-Am layout too much and so it showed, but still I was in 6th (somehow :O_o:).

R2: At the start I was very careful not to spin the wheels which resulted in me dropping through the field once again. Instantly I tried to regain the positions I lost. First car in the way was driven by Jacob. Anyone hazard a guess on what happened? Well, what happened was that I dive bombed him and my rear end of the car caught his front end. Result: I got sideways and flew (literally :roflmao:) through the gravel into the "Fence of Doom". After I recovered (without a front bumper) I found myself just behind Alberto (blue car, wasn't it?). Then approaching half distance he mysteriously moved aside leaving me to pick up 9th position. Afterwards it was a very dull ride home also picking up random spots on the way and watching a frustrated Stuart in the distance. These misfortunes elevated me to 7th and there I was.

Well, talking about the car - wicked. That, I think, sums it up... (one more thing, I enjoyed the car more when it lost the bumper and started to understeer :O_o:)

Well that's all from me. Thanks again for the racing and till' we meet again...

Rokas

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing