BMW DTM 2012: A Dream Comeback

20 years after their last DTM race BMW decided to get back into DTM racing just in time for the 2012 season. Having written a lot of DTM history and even having won the very first DTM race ever, back in 1984, it certainly wasn't easy to come back and beat Mercedes & AUDI right from the start.

BMW hired some of the very best touring car drivers - Bruno Spengler, Martin Tomczyk, Augusto Farfus & Andy Priaulx amongst them. It was an exciting year for them and in the end BMW was able to show once more why making a comeback can be successful if it's well planned and executed.

In order to celebrate the 2012 DTM season BMW published a short film about their season, what worked and what didn't work and how dedication can move mountains. Not only did BMW manage to win the constructors title but Bruno Spengler winning the last race of the season at Hockenheim, which was also the first race of the season, meant that Gary Paffett, who has led the drivers championship all season long, was ultimately 4 points short of the top spot and Spengler managed to grab the top spot at the very end.

[youtube]

For more on DTM and touring car series in general visit our popular forum with the latest news, videos, pictures and more.
View the Post on the Blog

Wow, can't believe I missed the whole season. Last word I got was BMW was joining the fray. I then was waiting for the season to start and next thing I know season's over and BMW won. Wow, I missed it all.

Reactions: Tom

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back