Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD Clash of the Titans
Class: BMW CSL Turbo vs Porsche 935
Track: 70sMonza
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mods.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD935.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 305
  • CDTurboCSL.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 315
ok guys for me was it a night to remember :D

I just loved this cars. Normally I don't like monza but whit this cars it was just awesome.

quali 1:
Once more this porsche showed me I have to buy a porsche when I have enought money (what's going to be never I think :p). Just like the sound the handling (maybe little bit lazy but comfortable) and the power. Got a good ,clean lap which put me on p5.

race 1:
Crappy slooooooow start. Did lose some positions and gained it back afterwars.
No so much battling there but still nice race. brought it home in p5 where I started.

quali 2:
It felt like the bmw is just going to be bit faster around this course but I didn't manage to do a clean lap in quali. Still got p3 and don't know why.

race 2:
Ok my start are just a big failure. This time I stall the car which caused a big mess. So start again with random grid position. Got p3 again. But was hoping for p last so I don't cause any mess again if I fail. Again slow start and lost many positions. Got some back until I was behind Bob. Had a nice little fight with him. Thanks again mate. After I passed him Knut was just behind me and I got little bit wide in t1 under the pressure. But After some laps I got him back and I was on p3. In the last rounds Tim in fron blow off his engine and I grapped p2. woooohoooooo :banana:

Thanks carlos and RD for setting this up and all the racers :D

Race 1: I've raced the turbonutter beemer before, so my setup is pretty well honed. Still, very pleased/surprised to nab poll (apologies for the extra laps :redface: ). Got off to a nice clean start but had Bob 1 to 2.5 secs behind me all the way and was having to manage revs/speed versus engine life. Chuffed to keep it altogether for the win.

Race 2: The driver in front of me didn't move when the lights went out and I was stuck behind, so I just waited for him to go.

Race 2 Restart: Started from 13 and followed the pack for a couple of laps, then missed my braking point and ran off into the armco. Pitted for repairs and rejoined last. Not driven the 935 much and never liked it . Goes into corners nicely but has awful exit oversteer especially out of Parabolica that I couldn't dial out hindering my speed all up the straight.

Had a brain fade at the end thinking the race had finished and hit esc so after all that ended up with a dnf lol.

Thanks all for some excellent racing again this evening.

my race report will come later, but I have to say sorry to Knut who was surely faster than me and he didn't expect me to brake as early as I did and he had no choice but to smack into me ruining his race. Sorry Knut, I brake early normally and in these beasts even more so.

No problem mate, it was all me. I usually gain time in the braking zones and in the races I try my best to adapt to others braking points. My brain was sleeping a little bit and I braked where I usually do.

I knew that things could be crazy but I didn't think my luck would be that bad. Never made it through either race. In R1 I got a locked wheel after avoiding an early pile up and shortly afterwards I got creamed from behind while trying to limp to the pits and my porsche was sent into orbit and stayed there. In R2 I was feeling a little better, BMW felt smoother. I actually caught and passed a few cars, but I hit a guard rail in T1 trying to avoid hitting another car in the rear and that incident killed the engine. Game over. I went into the stands and watched. Thanks to Carlos and all racers for the event. Can't wait for next Tuesday.

By the way I had a guaranted podium finish in the second race until they decided to restart only because there were just three cars left after the start/pile up.

Firstly, thanks Carlos for another great Car/Track combo. These cars are extreme but I thought the BMW was the better car. It handled great & you felt in control. As for the Porsche, handling not bad but I never felt I was in control of it and always felt this car wants to kill me, lol.

Race 1 BMW, qualied 3rd which was a bit of a surprise and got of the line ok. Stayed in third untill Knut went wide and took over second spot. Started to chase down Tudor and about lap 4 or so got really close to him but this was as close I was going to get. Not really any chance of a clean overtake so just sat back and went into chase mode. I ringed the neck of the beemer but the closest I came was about a second and towards the end settled for 2nd place. Great driving Tudor & grts on the win.

Race 2 Porsche, qualied 6th I think but it didn't make any difference as we had a restart. I was to blame for some of this as I spun it trying to get round a stationary car on the gird and lost the back end. After the restart we all got away cleanly, well most of us, & I made up some places. Settled in around 6th or so and got on with racing the death machine. As the laps went by and a few more places due to offs by others I found myself having a nice little race with Manny & for a good 4 laps we were neck & neck, nice driving mate. This was as good as it got as I went wide at the last turn. Towards the end of the race, well 2 laps from the end, I went wide again at the last turn thinking I had locked a brake but when I got back on track I looked at XD and found that the front left tyre was now extremely low, into the red, and I had no right hand turning happening. This meant I had to drive very slow when turning right to get it to the finish which in turn lost me a couple of places but aleast I managed to bring it home. Grts goes to Eck on the win.

Thanks to all that showed for this one, full field I think, and wd to those that finished both races. Also commiserations to all that didn't & hope you all have better luck next time.

Have the same feeling on the cars as Bob: After the 935 tried to kill me several times in R1, the Beemer felt more at ease. Except for those first 2 gears of course!

P: All my practice time was dedicated to the Porsche. Thanks Carlos for the setup, I also tried Knut's setup but this was completely uncontrollable for me.

R1: Managed to gently squeeze a 1.27 out of the 935 ending somewhere at the back of the grid.
The start was pretty hilarious as just after crossing the line I was parked behind 2 stalled cars. Then the next straight wasn't so funny: a Beemer spun wildly after hitting some grass and I couldn't avoid it. I ended up behind the armco so when I finally crawled back on the track I was deadlast. I believe a kind beemer waited for me, but he spun of 2 corners later. Due to pitstops I gained some positions and got back between the others (at 5-10 sec) with Stuart just in sight. Suddenly I noticed my tyres were on fire in Xd: +500°C which got confirmed as after lap 12 it felt like skating on 'thin' ice. With all these DNF's I finished 8th being very happy to have survived this race.

R2: much more confident on track knowledge I got into this Beemer, only to get killed again by the first 2 gears... what a dangerous powerband! I only managed a few times to push through in 2nd gear without waving my tail.
Start1 - P8: Apologies for the late Q (together with Bob)
I f%#*d up big time: I up-shifted early to 2nd gear, but then still got surprised spinning all over the start: apologies!
Start 2 - P10: Almost the same but now I was clever enough to shift up to 3rd gear, though this costed me a lot of speed so I lost a lot of positions here. As described in my first paragraph I felt more comfortable in the Beemer, so comfortable I found myself in front of Carlos! His BMW so close to mine gave me the nerves so I went wide in Parabolica (dropped from P8 to 12). I got myself together and started to get a good focus on the track & car. Marc flew by & I tried to follow him but unsuccessfully. Still I got a good rhythm & it has been a long time since I got this focussed and it felt good! Thanks Carlos for clearing up why I suddenly was driving with 15% engine health. I finished with 8%left... As I got into 'the zone' as from lap 10 I drove some very consistent laps in the 1.26 range pushing & revving the car to it's (& even more my) limits.
I'm very happy with reaching the checkered flag in a 6th position.

Thanks for the event Carlos & all participants! I think we can safely say we haven't had any other issues with the mod's. Can't wait for 'the Boss' to have his first event here at RD.

Sorry to everyone for joining this late. I was still having barbeque when the practice had already started and checked back with Manu at the end of practice if there's still a spot left. So then joined for the qualy with about 1 lap driven in each car beforehand. To avoid being a roadblock at the start I wanted to do as slow a qualylap as I could but was still in the midst of the pack as about 4 cars didn't manage to get the car around the track in superpole :p

Race 1: Got up to speed in the Beamer rather quickly and was quite confident with it after 2 laps. Had quite some nice racing with Knut in his Porsche, best moment was exiting the Parabolica two wide with both cars drifting like mad as soon as the turbo kicked in :D Great racing Knut, enjoyed it. Never thought that it would be possible to have somewhat close racing with these crazy fast cars.
Unfortunately I ignored the red line on the RPM gauge because there was apparently more power left in the BMW but it caught in about lap 7 where the engine blew while shifting into 5th gear. That was it for race 1.

Race 2: Was surprised by the pace I got out of the 935 because I did not feel very confident in this loose handling car. The start went quite well for me despite some stepping out of the rear. Apparently there was a big pile up at the back so we restarted.

For the restart I was randomly put on pole and oh boy don't I like that. Had about 5 poles thus far in race events and did not finish one of these events. So my Karma-Meter was below zero and I completely failed getting the car up to speed by being way too cautios. It's just crazy how low the power output of this car is in the low-rev-range. However, got around lap 1 in 3rd or 4th place I think and tried to get past some BMWs in front of me. They were somewhat faster on the straights but I was able to get past in corners. Then we (sorry, forgot who it was!) approached parapolica braking zone two wide with me on the outside. Got one wheel on the grass and off I went into the gravel trap.
Left the whole field past (while two others joined me in the gravelparty! hehe) and it was quite a fun sight with many Beamers blowing the engines and Porsches checking out the fences on the outside of the corners.
So by the end I finished the race in 4th position. Quite happy with that but I would have loved this race to be about 5 laps longer to get into more battles.

Thanks to Carlos for this fun event! :banana:

I was so looking forward to this, right up my street. Too much power, all in a tiny band of un-tempered turbo nutterdom.

First race, quallied 4th in the 935. By no means the fastest 935, happy none the less. Started poorly, not enough caution... 6th into turn one. I shoulda done this last night, I recollect little after this... Until I found myself in great battle with Carlos, for 3rd. We exchanged the position, quite a few times. Every one of them, following a minor mistake (real minor, but always the punishment never fitted the crime). Coming out of Lesmo 2, following Carlos, I tried to make it inside and still get drive. The change of diection, just fired me at the rock solid wire fence. After limping to the pit n getting the car fixed, I couldn't drive for toffee. Offs a plenty, skill (if I had any) failure, I simply gave up... lol.
Grats to Tudor, Bob and Carlos. Some serious lappery there Tudor.

Second race, I was sure it'd be as good, if not better in the CSL. I had two attempts at an out lap, failed both times... lol. The first start, from the back. I clipped the rear of a 935, while trying to get around it. He (Sorry, afore mentioned recollection probs, can't remember who it was) was at the tail of a whole line of 935's going nowhere. Certainly my fault there... Sorry sir. I tore through the middle, thinking "it couldn't be this easy".. It wasn't, an errant 935 swatted me straight at the barrier... lol.

The restart got me 9th on the grid, I avoided the 935 in front of me this time.. thankfully. Tore through the middle again, this time successfully, to 2nd. My luck couldn't hold, surely. Tom was going very well in 1st, Marc was making his 935 very menacing in 3rd, more menacing than I liked. Thats the only reason I pushed for the lead, so soon. Once I got it, I was glad to see Tom n Marc swap places so often. Again, my luck couldn't hold.. surely. I didn't see Marcs' mishap, just suddenly saw he was much farther back. I could get away with this, after all. Although I went on to win, I was having minor errors, again. With no one to capitalise, I got away with it... luckily.
Grats to Manny and Carlos (two thirds Carlos, people will start to talk of fixes... lol)

Thanks to all, especially Carlos n Stu and ofcourse RD.

By the way I had a guaranted podium finish in the second race until they decided to restart only because there were just three cars left after the start/pile up.

Haha, don't worry Jack, next week we will all quit while you stay. That's a guaranteed win!:tongue:

P.S., I only joked because it looked like you were also joking. I hope I was right lol.

Joking for sure. I was trying to be funny, but I will take you up on that offer if it is still available:wink:

Don't worry about me. I don't take this stuff too seriously or I would have quit long ago with my record.

First of all I have to apologise for making a mess in the first race in T1 leaning on the fence an when I come out go flat right an hitting Stuart then Stu hit Kris an even Jack go off , waiting for you, Stu go by but no sign of Kris who was stuck in the fence Sorry guys my fault.

In lap 3 coming out of the tunnel in to the fast left hander saw a car in front gliding alongside the fence, try to squeeze trough but almost on top speed could not avoid you Jack,send both of us to Nirwana or something like that,crash the car heavy an blow up the engine,race over.
Watch the "fight"between Tudor an Bob ,great racing guys , Grats for the win Tudor an Bob an Carlos for podium.

Race 2; Porsche

Start on p5 thanks to random grid, had Manuel in front of me going very slowly from his place try to "help"him a bid , an dropped back to p14(my Q place) try to take it easy this time bud the same thing as in race1 driving side by side with Alain out of the tunnel I on the outside that is not the place to be ,could not hold the car on track ,an dropped in a black hole.
Resume but with heavy damage ,out of Parabolica the car only would go to the left side,hit the fence lost the splitter(not knowing that) an in T1 I split my self left of the fence an was stuck there no way to get out ,all that in one lap an Quit.

These car are not easy to drive is an understatement I think, but they are very exited to drive,an Old Monza is a blast to drive especially with these cars,al do the 2 races where very short for me ,but with the practice an the time on my own it was bigtime.

Thanks Carlos,2 great cars are add to the list :thumb: and again Sorry for the mess.

I must say that I getting use to the new wheel and I like it, but I don't see any significent improvement in times as yet but I am geting smoother and more confident with the whole unit. I actually redrove our last event today (BMW) for a few hours but could not get below 129.1( hope it is ok to mention times after event) but had several chances to do so and I would F#$% every time by doing something stupid.. like shifting to the wrong gear in the last corner, so improvement is in reach. I think that I must have been driving the yoke close to my abilities.

To Hans ... It was a tight squeeze to get by me ... just wrong place at wrong time.. lord knows how I would have made out in the pitstop anyway.:confused:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%