17578d1251416381-new-logos-inside-hgp-logo.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: BMW CSL Alpina (#87)
Track: Dijon Prenois GP / Hockenheim National
Weather: 15.00 in-game time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

The time of the event start is 19.00GMT, as it says in the thread title and in the top event post, which translates to 20.00 UK, 21.00 Eur or 15.00 Eastern US.

OK - Steve's given you the unlock code for all cars and shedloads of cash.

If you haven't driven the larger cars yet (which is possible if you've not unlocked them yet), you'll find then quite different from the early cars you get in single player.

My biggest piece of advice with them is to treat them gently, and gradually work your way up in pace with them.

Don't try to drive them like the Mini - it won't end well. :)

Better late than never...

I'm in --> sign me up Stu :chuck:

Although I am scared ****less of these Beemers :woot2:

they are beasts in demand of a very sensitive "right foot" ;)

But hey, nice challenge, thanks for choosing this car Stuart (However, one day please choose the green corvette, cause I've never really driven this one either):fwd2:

Of course Ulli :good:

But - if you think these beemers need a light touch on the throttle, wait till you try the green Corv. That's the one with nearly 600bhp.

We won't be using the Green Corvette in the GTC76 League testing events as it isn't in the League set of cars.

It's unbeatable in a straight line, but round corners....well, it's not boring :D

[Dead PC update]

It's buggered.

[/Dead PC update]

After much scuffing of fingers, swearing and general annoyance i've come to the conclusion that the problem is officially unfixable in the short term.

I will have a last ditch effort to start it up a few minutes before the start of practice. If it works great, but for now I'm going to have to say I won't be able to make it, and I'll be out for the foreseeable future until I can get the PC up and running.

Absolutely gutted.......

• Matt Crouch

discod in the end..

good first race though. Got about 7 seconds ahead following the first corner up until I spun it on one of the kerbs near the end. Down into second, spun it again on the same, down into third. Took it back thought when Steve spun on the same kerb. Slowly caught up and took the gap down to first to less than three seconds, but span it a couple of times in the last lap.

This can be summarised by the single word "spin".

They were clearly giant enemy kerbs
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1fr5vk72M[/ame]

I quite like the car but I don't think I could eat a whole one for the league

Mixed night with the Beemer.

Hockenhiem: Had some really good pace in practice, car was running nice. Come Quali and the race it just didn't click. This car hates kerbs with a passion and is very hard to get the nose in, but when you nail a good lap its a sweet motor. Like Matt said not sure this would be my cup of tea for a league race, too many spins and a real handful even though we ran 16 laps, add another 10 for league races and this could drive you round the bend, literally. Finished P3, behind Matt P2, and Stuart P1, WD :good:

Dijon: The free flow nature of Dijon really suits the BMW. Was able to run up there with Stu in practice and Quali. The Beemer is a bit wobbly off the line and with 3 of us heading into T1 I braked just a little earlier to get the tighter line through the corner, which paid off. Slotted in behind Stuart and had a real nice dice going into T1 on lap 3. This was more like it, definitely a better suited track. Coming out of the slow right hand uphill turn, Stu got the power on a shade early, causing a twitch and allowing me to nip through. Had a real good consistent run after that, holding P1 to the end.

Not 100% on my league car choice yet, will I pick the Beemer? Jury still out. On the right track it will be fantastic. But I need a car that's consitent on all the tracks and I've not had enough running in the BMW yet to make the decision.

Grats to Ulli for your first podium, all that running this afternoon paid off :good: Welcome also to Andrew and István :wave: hope you enjoyed the evening.

• Bert Van Waes

Man, that's unlucky Bert!

But then again, that's actually good news, if you consider the alternative :good:

Hope you're OK and see you back on track soon

Tx, yeah i'm ok it seems, no lightning got through to me...:smirk:
And yeah, now that i got a chat in the hardware room with Chris and Damien i'm feeling much better already... :)
They really know how to handle with a down simracer... If all goes by plan now it should take me maximum off a couple off weeks to be fully back...

Cheers

What to say about this Beemer race night .... wasn't so excited about it at first, that's why I signed up 4 this one saturday afternoon :)

--> I had so much respect for these CSL beasts that I simply didn't dare to give it a try (you know, take one step at the time :glasses-nerdy:)

But then :

I jumped onto the server, straight into one of the beemers and took it for a careful testdrive, exploring Dijon Prenois
--> then, steven showed up and asked me right away how the car handels to which I quickly responded -->"capricious"
However, lap after lap, I was getting to know the CSL more and more and I then had to revoke labelling the CSL capricious. It surprised me of not being so craving 4 oversteering as I believed at first. Actually, I ended up liking this car :fwd:

It's only *****y when acc. out of a tight uneven turn with all the weight on the outer side of the car (which could be taken care of, I believe,once I understand the shocks , rebound setup ;)

Other than that, jumping on the brakes at full speed, letting the engine brake while dowshifting and then taking turn 1 in second gear was pure joy to me! --> the car did not spin :desire:

Steven then helped me to drop my lap time by 5 seconds !!!!: I managed to go from a 1:36 to a 1:31.004 min --> Steven --> :thanks:

1) Hockenheimring: With this one, I'm still not so comfortable with. Still don't know how to take turn one at a higher speed than middle rpm of 3rd gear. Yet, the race was still cool, I kept Stuart's advice in mind, "take it slow in lap one," and there weren't so many mistakes on my sinde on this track, but my lap times have roooooooom 4 improvement :star::lamp:

2) Dijon Prenois (uh, my faaaaavoriote :desire:)

Well, this one I had practiced enough with Steven, but when we hit the track again after race 1, I somehow messed up my race line and or braking process in turn 1. resulting in loosing 1 to 2 seconds in sector one. A friend of mine who wants to join the GTL squat was at my place and did a couple of laps while I was eating my potato casserole :)
Quali time: --> awsome !!! I only drove two laps until I gave the wheel back to my friend. 1st lap to warm up the tires, perfect acceleration out of the last turn with lots of speed to take with me into lap two. Turn 1, I was a little too fast (I believed) but managed to still control the car and even hit a rather fast 1st sector. The rest went without problems and I made a 1:31.400 :bananalama: THAT FELT SOOOO GOOOOOD :)

So, 3rd place in starting grid ... COOOL

Again, I remembered my previous races where I passed three cars at the begining of the race, but then always hit the gravel soon after (or even worse some other car). This time, I took it easy, evaded all the turn 1 quarrel and placed myself behind steven and Stuart.

I stayed there 4 quite some time, even passed stuart once after he spun the car on that 2ed gear uphil section, but couldn't bear the stress of having him in my back, I think I lost concentration and left my racing line and wwwuuush, Stu went right passed me :car:

In the end, I was able to keep it up and make it to the podium for the first time :Banane45::Banane27::Banane08:

Thank's again Stuart 4 this one !

To Andy I think (I'm really bad with names ... so, sorry),

REALLY COOL THAT YOU DID NOT LEAVE THE RACE BUT FINISHED BOTH OF THEM!!!!! There are so many people who quit once they are not riding up front! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%