• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

BMW 8 series 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ariff Roose, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Ariff Roose

Ariff Roose

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard there is a new 8 series coming from BMW, does anybody have a scoop on it? I saw the timeline of upcoming cars on AutocarUK i bought here in Malaysia.
    and, do you think it will be another M1 or just a car to challenge the Aston Rapide and Porsche Panamera?

2. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Ratings:
    +425
    Just to share what i know on this car.
    It will be a 2+2 coupe in the style of the Porsche Panamera. However despite a lot of rumours of it being an 'M8' it is now quite sure that i will not bare the 'M' badge in the way the M1 was released. Just like it was when the BMW 850 was released it will merely be an 8 series BMW.
    Strange thing about this is that the car is actually under development with BMW Motorsport but thus far all rumours point to a non 'M' labeled car.
    As for powerplants the strongest rumour points towards a 6 liter V-12 but there is also the possibility of a twin-turbo V8.
    As for the looks of the car; this is as good as anybody's guess but let's hope they are not making it look like the BMW CS concept from a few years back.