The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: BMW 320 Gr5 mod
Track: Mosport 09 / Dijon-Prenois GP
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only

Attachments

• BMW_320_Gr5_Mod_for_GTL.jpg
    BMW_320_Gr5_Mod_for_GTL.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 448
No Jack, you don't need to remove the BMW 2800 you've already installed. Jack as I've said before, it's better you unpack the mod into a spare folder and not straight into the game folder. If you do that then you will see where you need to copy the folders too.

Sounds folder, E21_SA into the cars folder inside the sound folder in game.
Talent files, into the Talent folder in game.
BMW 302 folder into the GTC-TC-76 folder inside the Teams folder in game.

Any probs then just PM me and we can go on TS to get it sorted.

Thanks for clueing me in guys. I was doing everything right to a point ... downloading and extracting the correct folder, but I was installing the wrong folder. Just keep that between you and me... didn't read the folder name carefully. My mind was elsewhere today and I couldn't focus on this simple task.

I'll choose #33 if possible and I will let you known before race time if I have to cancel, if that is ok.

What i always do when installing stuff in GTL is extract the 'GameData' folder- from the mod you've downloaded- onto the desktop. Then cut/paste this into C:GTL, so that it merges with the GameData folder there. That way all the talent/cars/teams files don't get mixed up and confuse things. Bob suggested to me that this was the best way to intsall mods and he's right, as i've noticed that directly extracting stuff into the the GTL directory causes a few problems sometimes.

Ya your right and that is what I did but I Dragged and Dropped the "wrong" folder. Stupid. Also inside this "wrong" folder were installation instructions which I tried to follow which of course did match up with the correct folder. Anyways all ok now.

What i always do when installing stuff in GTL is extract the 'GameData' folder- from the mod you've downloaded- onto the desktop. Then cut/paste this into C:GTL, so that it merges with the GameData folder there.

Thats how I do it too, it has never caused a problem for me.

I'll try to make this one Stu, these look like they might be interesting to try.
I'll take the blue one, #302.

Well it looks like I'll be sailboat racing today if the weather holds so I most likely wouldn't be able to make it to day for GTL, but I'll have to see what the day brings. I have to call the GTL garage and see if my suspension is up... heh heh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back