Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: BMW 320 Gr5 mod
Track: Le Mans Sarthe 79 plus the required v1.1 fix
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Prac & Quali: 60 min (unlimited laps) - we will forego prac & roll to a 60 min quali session @ 19.00GMT
Race: 26 laps

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only
Note3: As this is a long race, at least one, probably multiple, pit stops will be required, so please check out Warren’s pitstop tutorial here: http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/3302-gtl-pitstop-hints-tips.html

don`t think i`ve done many,but its very much like GTR2 just rememebr to switch limiter back on. & we`ll all get plenty of practice race will be 4 stops.
Yeah - my estimates in fuel above were a little optimistic to be honest.

A full tank on XD at racing pace showed around 6.7 laps (effectively limiting the range to 6 laps). Maybe you might be able to get it up above 7 laps per tank, but it'd be close, and you'd need to be absolutely spot on in your driving to do that - if you can stay above 7 laps per tank, you might just be able to squeak a 3 stopper out of it.

I don't expect many to do it that way, to be fair. Most will be using similar tactical plan to Tudor's - rev the tits off it and hope for the best :good:

Guys I looked on the skins and they are all awesome, wouldnt be nice if everyone gets his special skin to dont have the same cars on the track?

EDIT: anyway I can see my hands in the mirrors, is this bug of the mod or something with my settings?

Yep - when you go in to the event, check the skins in use and select another if your first choice is already in use.

The cars are all identical under the skin, and there are loads of liveries to choose from so it should end up being nice and varied.

I know that Steve uses #27 Yellow Corn, Ross uses #15 Jagermeister, Bob uses #11 JPS, Nige uses the Orange/white dots #31, I use the white #36 BMW Motorsports one, for instance, although I can't remember any more off the T of my H. Carlos uses the Rothmans #10 I think?

Here's the full presentation pic

25495d1274714627-bmw-320-gr5-mod-mosport-09-dijon-gp-thu-3rd-jun-2010-bmw_320_gr5_mod_for_gtl.jpg

If people want to put what livery they will be driving tonight below, that should help keep a nice varied grid

Bob Hutchins - Black/Gold - #11
Nils Norberg - White/Blue/Red/Gold - #14
Ross McGregor - Orange - #15
Steven Palmer - Yellow/Orange - #27
Nigel Atkins - Orange/White - #31
Stuart Thomson - White/Blue/Red - #36
Neil Gault - Black/Red - #50
Ondrej Kapal - White/Blue/Red - #98
Senad Subasic - Green/White - #292

We will be starting @17.00 in game time, so we'll have the classic GTL low, golden sun into a twilight, when the game puts the lights on around the circuit.

It definitely won't be fully dark, however. You will be able to run without lights the whole race if you need to.

I did 1 lap around and XD says that I have fuel only for 6.7 (7.2 - I dont know what means that number in brackets) not 8 laps ?
I guess it is in my driving style or bad setup (with which I cant do anything) but how could I drive economically?
because anyway it means 4-5 (for sure) pit stops

EDIT: I badly calculate my pit stops, everything is OK, i just this is something unknown to me so I am little bit confused, but it is gonna be ok

Yeah - my estimates in fuel above were a little optimistic to be honest.

A full tank on XD at racing pace showed around 6.7 laps (effectively limiting the range to 6 laps). Maybe you might be able to get it up above 7 laps per tank, but it'd be close, and you'd need to be absolutely spot on in your driving to do that - if you can stay above 7 laps per tank, you might just be able to squeak a 3 stopper out of it.

I don't expect many to do it that way, to be fair. Most will be using similar tactical plan to Tudor's - rev the tits off it and hope for the best :good:

I did 1 lap around and XD says that I have fuel only for 6.7 (7.2 - I dont know what means that number in brackets) not 8 laps ?
I guess it is in my driving style or bad setup (with which I cant do anything) but how could I drive economically?
because anyway it means 4-5 (for sure) pit stops

Your correct Ondrej with 6.7 laps. Everyone is pretty much in the same boat.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back