Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: BMW 320 Gr5 mod
Track: Le Mans Sarthe 79 plus the required v1.1 fix
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Prac & Quali: 60 min (unlimited laps) - we will forego prac & roll to a 60 min quali session @ 19.00GMT
Race: 26 laps

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only
Note3: As this is a long race, at least one, probably multiple, pit stops will be required, so please check out Warren’s pitstop tutorial here: http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/3302-gtl-pitstop-hints-tips.html

Just in case you missed the edited results higher up:

OK some testing results - I've set up a few RD servers over the past week when I've had a free moment, all with 2x fuel and tyres.

What I've found is the following -
  • the tyre temps all look the same as when it's set to 1x or normal, the tyres never get out of a healthy mid-green, never verging on yellow, for me while doing 5 & 6 lap stints, not driving conservatively, either.
  • According to the in-game garage, the most you could do on a full tank is 6 laps.
  • However - setting the car up with 1 laps worth of fuel (by the garage), and driving flat out - full throttle, no short shifting, dropping down gears aggressively and taking the lowest possible gear through corners - actually got me about a minute into the next lap ie 1.25 / 1.3 laps (onto the long straight), which means 3 garage laps is closer to 4 actual laps. XD confirms that the garage reading is a little on the thirsty side.
  • That means a full tank is about 8-ish laps worth, and as I've done nearly a full tank length with no tyre issues, I think we'll be fine on that front as well.
  • Working on the premise of 8+ laps per full tank at no compromise speeds, if careful driving can get you out to a firm 9 laps a tankful, it might mean you could squeeze a 2 stopper out of this.
  • Obviously you will need to do your own testing to confirm or disprove my findings for yourselves, as no-one dirves quite the same.
  • The car doesn't have a fuel warning light (at least not one I noticed) - you need to use XD or the "Benzindr" gauge in the bottom right of the cockpit. The gauge drops off very quickly once it starts to move.
  • I found the car to be slower overall than the 906 (which is mostly due to the 906's extremely low drag I suspect), but this does mean that the race will be edging up towards 2 hours in length once pitstops are factored in. Bob did some independent testing and confirmed the laptime findings.
There's no real nasty gremlins that I've found in the 3 or 4 tests I've run.

We'll stay 2x for both, and if it goes tits up, it'll be my fault, and my fault alone.

The big things about the GTL pits are these:-

1. Damage - GTL fixes damage by default. If you don't want the damage fixed, you need to change the damage to "Don't Fix" on your pit menu
2. Limiter - even though you have driven in on the limiter, GTL turns that off for you as you come off the jacks, so remember to turn it on before driving away.

OK - there's a practice server up now, I'll leave it up until about an hour before the quali session tomorrow.

It's set at 2xfuel & 2xtyres. Don't bother trying to roll to quali or race, I've not set those sessions up - it's a 3 hour long practice session only.

Hey, guys. Sorry for the short notice but i've been told today I need to drive to Salisbury on Friday morning for an audit and I don't thi nk two hours of GTL and a late night are going to help my concentration much.

Gutted though - i was looking forward to this.....have a great race, and good luck.

See you at Bathurst!!!!!!

Well I won't be worrying too much about strategy for this one. If it were a league race then fair enough, I'd have my abacus at the ready.

I'm a simple man and for me LM is all about speed and not about how much time is spent in the pits. The 320 is a great drive; rev it to the limit and lets have 2 hours of speedfest :wink:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back