AC BMW 1M - Nürburgring short - Tue 23.12.14 - [Ghostbusters]

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Georg Siebert what would you generally suggest: factory settings for TC & ABS (like pro in the options) or to manually turn them off. I'm asking as there are different opinions on the forums.
Factory, but assists are your choice. Especially in the Ghostbusters events you can experiment with full assists, including SC, during a race situation.

Single player race sessions don't support pit stops? So in short, you just pull into your box, and use our mouse to select things to be done, right? Can actions be planned in advance and not when you pull in?
Is having a mic mandatory, I have team talk installed and set-up but don't have a headset with microphone?
Can't be planned beforehand.
Pull into the white outlines of the box,
come to a complete stop,
click what you want to be done and confirm at the bottom

TS is mandatory, like the Notes say.

Regarding TS, it's advisable to have a mic, but it's not mandatory. As long as you get the info of what's happening on the track, your're ok. [...]
Nope, read the Notes please.

booking? whats the benefit over freejoin? [...]
Much benefit.
  • Orderly event attendence
  • Easy attendence check of the organizer
  • Less server configuration
  • Free car choice for the drivers
  • Free livery choice for the drivers

fair enough, can see the advantage for multi car events being able to have free car choice, but given this is only 1 car, id rather it was freejoin. having to be at the computer a minimum of an hour before the actual racing starts compared to the equivalent freejoin where you could join just before qualifying starts just makes it a little too unappealing when 30 minutes is a lot of time for most people on an evening after work. the e30 vallelunga race flowed really well yesterday

fair enough, can see the advantage for multi car events being able to have free car choice, but given this is only 1 car, id rather it was freejoin. having to be at the computer a minimum of an hour before the actual racing starts compared to the equivalent freejoin where you could join just before qualifying starts just makes it a little too unappealing when 30 minutes is a lot of time for most people on an evening after work. the e30 vallelunga race flowed really well yesterday
You don't have to wait an hour - you have the entire timeframe of an hour to book.
The amount of cars and what online modes other organizers choose have no influence on my decision to feature booking mode for my events.

You don't have to wait an hour - you have the entire timeframe of an hour to book.
The amount of cars and what online modes other organizers choose have no influence on my decision to feature booking mode for my events.
you have to book before booking ends though, correct?
that means you need to be at the pc at least 60 mins before racing starts, which is annoying if you dont want to do practice session (30 minutes qualifying is enough for most people surely). with the freejoin you only have to turn up at least 30 mins before racing starts, and like i said 30 minutes is valuable to most people on a work evening. just my 2 cents given you havent had many responses, perhaps others are of the same mindset of me

you have to book before booking ends though, correct?[...]
Yes, that's correct and intentional.
Our Racing Club is as much about racing as it is being on TS and on track with like-minded people and practicing together - especially intented for Beginners and Intermediate drivers like the Ghostbusters events are designed for.

If you don't have time or motivation to participate in this event, you don't have to.
If you do want to, then evaluate your priorities for time allocation.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%