Blue Flag Bug - Any diagnosis or fix?

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I had a search through the forums looking for any topics discussing these blue flag bugs and could not find any. So if anybody knows where there is a thread, please point me in the right direction!

I run a league on another forum with several other admins, and what has been the biggest pain for us and the drivers, is this "blue flag bug", that happens in race.

What happens is that in the race, a driver is driving along quite happily, then I am guessing the car behind them, who is in close proximity to the car in front, gets the bug stuck on them.

As a result, the car in front of him gets this "blue flag, first warning, move over". Of course, the driver behind him is not lapping him, but fighting for position with him! The warnings keep coming until eventually he gets a Stop and Go penalty for not moving over.

We have had several guess as to why this happens. The common belief that we hear is that the problem is caused by the driver who joins last on the grid in the last 10 seconds or so. Maybe somehow he joins so late, that he is classed as first on the grid when joining, regardless of where he came in qualifying just before. As a result, maybe the game classes him as having lapped all the cars already, resulting in drivers in front getting blue flags...

Although some drivers get blue flags by the "culprit", whilst others seem fine and do not get it.

So I am asking if anybody knows why this blue flag bug occurs? Also if there are any fixes?

The only fix I can think of is if we turn flag rules off, but that may result in people abusing the track limits and cause extra work for the admins...

Kind Regards.

This bug happens when the last driver joins the grid in less then 20 sec before start. Its caused by the game itself, track has nothing to do with this. There is no fix for that. To prevent other drivers getting DQ set the server with black flag rule only. They will still get the blue flag message but no DQ. Just ignore the blue flag message in game. All the other rules will be in place, like track cutting and so on...

The bug can happen also if one joins in at the end of qualy, i mean so late that the session is already cycled while the person is still joining. I think it involves any session but in practices you can easily get away with it since the bug resets after the first lap driven in track and so you would not notice it. Also since only the inlap gives blue flags in practice and warm-up the conditions won't happen in that case.

So any very-late/too-late joins will create this bug.. No other way around it than what is already stated above. 30s rule is a must.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back