Blinking who.....

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
1362376983.png

42748558.png

:f1:

Speaking of internet issues, I never am blinking, I don't think. But I live in the sticks, and have 3mb down and only .5 up. And it happens far too often that 1/2 way or more into a race, I get the dreaded red line and am disconnected. There's no way to get faster internet where I live. Is there something I can do to keep this from happening? I make sure no one else is online. Happened today and I was home alone and no other computer was even on.

Nice speeds Abdul! Only the ping is a bit high, maybe not a close enough speedtest server?
My ping to the nearest test will be less then 10ms most of the time.

@Phil: could be your router/modem. I have had it in the past not recognizing game-traffic and closed the connection after an hour or so. On normal browser traffic it responded and kept the line open. Was for me just a matter of setting the idle time to 0 (unlimited)

Thanks Ramon. I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router (with ethernet connection to my gaming computer) and I don't think it has an idle timeout setting. I also can't find such a setting in my dsl modem. How/where did you find the setting to change it in yours?

Ab,

That's only your PING to servers in Maidenhead in the UK. You do realise that the iRacing servers are based in the US, lol.

Obviously Virgin have sorted out your woes, and you haven't had to jump ship to SKY.

For the most part on Sunday @ Daytona you were blink free, apart from the odd flicker, so lets hope that future races we get to actually see you and you can give back that Romulan Cloaking device you were making use of, lol.

:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back