1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blancpain GT3 Sprint series starts this weekend

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Shawn Jacobs, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

Blancpain Sprint series starts this weekend, 39 cars, 9 manufacturers, some of the best sports car drivers on the world, definitely looking forward to this, and its all free on YouTube! What's not to like!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

So hard to decide who to go for! Maxi Buhk has been awesome the last couple of years and htp have the new AMG, but then the Bentley is freaken awesome as well, let's not forget the gtr's are bringing a factory entry too and then damn the Lambo's are sweet.

I guess as long as it's not an Audi victory lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

Thank you for sharing Shawn! This looks like it could be a great series to watch and follow!

4. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

No worries mate, its incredibly good Racing.

I've fixed the video link in the OP

And here is the link to qauilfying, kicks off in 14 hours

5. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

Just got my ticket in the post this week for the Silverstone round. They have some interesting cars that wont be at the WEC next week. Looking forward to them both.

6. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

What a race, incredibly entertaining! Can't wait for the main race in roughly 10 hours. Going to be very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

I'm glad you posted this! I wouldn't have known otherwise and have never followed a series too closely but I may follow this one this year! Having great broadcasts that I can watch live is very nice, plus the close racing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

It was a brilliant race weekend,

No worries mate, it was a brilliant first round, thoroughly enjoyed it and damn all the new models are sweet! Next up in first round of endurance at Monza on the 24th

9. R.J. O'Connell

R.J. O'Connell
    Premium Member

I'll argue that GT racing under SRO has never been this stacked with young, legitimate talent driving bad[bottom] cars.

The first round was so, so much fun. I was really impressed by Rosenqvist in the main race, Max Buhk, Frijns, the Double V's of Vanthoor and Vervisch, and Alex Sims. That's a lot of guys who aren't even 25 yet.

(This would be the perfect environment for a GTR3.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

It's nice to see young guys seeing GT's as a valid career path but I think in the past someone like Rosenqvist would be in F1 now not Blancpain/Indy Lights as is the case. Makes me sad. :(

It's a shame iRacing has the Blancpain tie-up (without a lot of the cars) as it would make a great basis for a new sim.