Blackwood - My favourite mod track

The remaster of this classic track is my all time favourite mod for Assetto Corsa. Although it's quite a short circuit, it flows really well and every inch of it is interesting to drive. It really is a must have track for any AC fan and after playing it, I now realise why it's achieved a near 'legendary' status, amongst many of those who have played Live For Speed, the sim which originally featured the circuit. Never played the game myself, but if it has other fantasy circuits of the standard of Blackwood, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Yeah you're right. I remember originally downloading a version which I thought did not look as good as screens shots I had previously seen and it turned out that was a different version, created by a different modder. Will check the version I'm running, tonight when I get home and I'll report back.

Love this track would be great if it was a real track actually.
Had a very strange couple of races against the AI though... 6 lap quick race cars at the first corner just turned into each other, it was like they literally didn't know the track. I know I'd only just downloaded it but didn't realise they had to learn it too... lol
Second race, another 6 lapper and some cars pitted on the 3rd lap and the others on the 4th... Needless to say I won both races without knowing the circuit at all.
Also on the replays does anyone else have blue and yellow crosses by the drivers head? Visible through scenery and the track like some sort of positional markers

A
Is it a hassle to get it working on modern OS's though?

Absolutely not. Flawless on Windows 7 and Window 8.1. Still yet to test Windows 10, but I doubt it will be any trouble. The sim is constantly still being updated with the last update around mid April this year, and also has top-notch VR support. Graphically it appears dated but it's still superior.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%