1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Black Shadow flickering

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Justin Swan, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

2. Try turning shadow blur off - I had the same issue at one time - have a GTX670. I think that is what fixed it for me.

3. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Not meaning to distract from the OP, but I have a similar issue... just different lol.

I get a different type of flickering, my problem involves shadows that are on cars flickering everywhere else is fine. I ve tried most things and it randomly started once and has stuck in this game and also rFactor started doing it too. most annoying.

4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Try setting opponent detail to high. That has worked for some glitches in a mod, who knows, it's worth a try here too.

5. Falk Massmann

Falk Massmann
    Premium Member

Robbie,
    are you running MSI Afterburner or another tool that´s using d3d overlays?
    I had flickering problems too mostly with sahdows of my own and opponent cars.
    I disabled MSI Afterburner and it´s gone now..

6. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Hi
    i use Nvidia inspector to set graphics and 99% of the time I have DXtory running to check FPS and take screenshots etc. i don't use any overlay plugins except the map that came with GSCE

7. Falk Massmann

Falk Massmann
    Premium Member

I figured it´s not related to Afterburner but haven´t found a cure anyways. It kinda appears randomly after a couple of laps and surprisingly sometimes can go away too after a while.
    But looking at your video I think it´s two different bugs. On my screen it always shows up on the cars shadows and on some other geometry around the track. I´m clueless....
    I´m pretty tech savy so I tried a many different things and configurations,problem pretty much remains.

Maybe someone from Reiza Studios can comment if they have experienced this too.

8. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

funny thing is Falk, mine use to be fine then all of a sudden it started doing it, also does it in rFactor now, so both isi games have the issue.

I cant recall what i had done to make it happen but reinstalling game and diff drivers makes no difference anymore

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Try creating a shortcut for GSC.exe and adding -fullproc to the command line (so it reads ...\GSC.exe -fullproc). This will disable fullproc which since v1.15 has been enabled by default. We´ve found that in some systems it can cause shadow issues similar to the one you´re reporting.

10. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

in my case i have always run the fullproc since the 1st versions. but i will try that out, to see if that is the case now in the latest version. thanks.