Black Screens in some Race Series Add-On Tracks?

J

jetsy69

• jetsy69

Ok guys... I need some HELP or explaination! I have downloaded about 40 Add-On Tracks for RACE ON and about 10 of them load fine but the screen is BLACK and DARK GRAY. You can make out the outline of the car but that's about it. If I start the race, the wheel PULLS and is messed up. I am wondering if these tracks were meant for GRT series and have some errors when trying to run in RACE ON. Am I missing some setting or file to fix this?

I have tried to find some info on here about this but can't seem to find a thread on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the tracks that have black screen problems:

Rouen les Essarts
Preluck 1974
Abu Dhabi
Nagara
Fuji 1970
Jarama
Most Autodrom
Westwood
Osterreichring
Paul Ricard HTTT
67 Sachs

Thanks, Jeff

• jetsy69

I am currently running a dual core intel with 4 gig ram and the XFX ATI 4890 card. NFS Shift, Dirt 2 and all RACE ON games run smooth at 1920 x 1080. I have the AA and AF off I think. It's just these tracks that I have a problem with. I am getting ready to build an i7 920 and blow out a $1200 machine but I don't think that will correct the problem.

Jeff

Hmm cannot be the hardware then :)

Maybe a conflict between mods? I never have too much installed next to eachother so some of the tracks you mentioned run fine here (paul ricard, rouen, sachsenring etc, the others i dont have)

• jetsy69

Yeah... I noticed some other guys was getting the same problem... I have enough tracks the ways it is and cannot wait until F1 2010 comes out in the spring by Codemasters!

Jeff

Yeah I've had this problem with a few of mine... When I checked the folders where all the files were extracted to I found that some of the tracks had been extracted to an extra 'Locations' folder eg:

G:\Applications\Steam\steamapps\<Profile Name>\race 07\GameData\locations\Locations\'<Track Name>'

There shouldn't have been 2 locations folders, just the one. I just moved the Track folders back into the first Locations folder and everything appears to be working now. Might be worth a look and see if yours has done the same.

EDIT: Path should look like this:

G:\Applications\Steam\steamapps\<Profile Name>\race 07\GameData\locations\'<Track Name>'

This has been an issue through out the R07 series...

one issue is cause by messy mods (both cars and tracks can cause it)...

go to your GameData folder and search for (including all sub-folders: Teams, Locations, Sounds etc):

_output.trk

and delete all that are found. These files are created by programs like 3DSimED on export of gmts...

let me know if this helps...

P.S. can you confirm if the errors happen only with add0n cars or SimBin ones too...

• jetsy69

I was testing each track with FORMULA MASTER car which is SimBin. My LOCATION folders are fine as I drag each one over individually to the correct one. I will try and see if I have any _output.trk files and get rid of them and will update everyone.

Jeff

• jetsy69

OK.... I deleted 3 _output.trk files but a few of them were tracks that WORKED. Sometimes the tracks DO NOT come up Black but rather CRASH the program and gives me the MEMORY DUMP warning that the program has crashed back to the desktop. I am using WINDOWS 7. I am at a loss.

Delete the whole RACE 07 folder and all its content, restart steam and launch the game once.. If you do that you have a clean install again and add each mod track afterwards and see where it fails :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%