Black Pearl Post-Processing Preset (in-game + showroom)

Misc Black Pearl Post-Processing Preset (in-game + showroom) 0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Epistolarius submitted a new resource:

Black Pearl post-processing preset ('Graphics mod') - Custom filter for a clear, well exposed image compatible to default weathers.

Thought it'd be a good idea to publish my own post-processing preset for people to try.

It incorporates minimal changes for a clearer, brighter image with no further 3rd party tools or changes to the weathers required. It eliminates issues with 1st/3rd person camera auto-exposure, DoF bleeding, glare and chromatic aberration, and can also give a small performance boost over default presets.

Some examples:
8:00, Clear/Mid Clear:

Read more about this resource...

Hi There. I know you posted the settings from Nvidia Inspector, but could you also post the settings from the Nvidia control panel. I do a lot of video work, so I have Vertical Sync set to Adaptive, as this removes the jagged lines I get when I record / reply in full screen and I record in 60fps, 1080p.

So was just wondering what you suggested

Hi There. I know you posted the settings from Nvidia Inspector, but could you also post the settings from the Nvidia control panel. I do a lot of video work, so I have Vertical Sync set to Adaptive, as this removes the jagged lines I get when I record / reply in full screen and I record in 60fps, 1080p.

So was just wondering what you suggested
Well, the Nvidia Control Panel is a bit useless if you know where to set things through the Inspector tool, especially considering how insanely slow the control panel gets when you have a lot of games installed... but anyway. The settings are really largely the same as in Inspector as Inspector sets the same things in the driver.

Global settings different from the default profile include things like AF 16x, DSR on with 20% smoothness (if I want to have Nvidia's downsampling method in any game by selecting higher resolutions - in AC that's not that great because it really messes with the launcher and Windows scaling), Negative LOD bias to Clamp, Texture filtering quality to High quality.

For the AC-specific profile beyond global settings I use typically Inspector but I think that results in setting Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration to Single display performance mode and Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance. That's it. The other settings can only be set in Inspector.

I personally don't use VSync at all as I cannot stand the input lag it introduces and I rarely experience screen tearing in AC. If I had a display that supports it I'd use G-Sync/FreeSync instead, and if I really need to cap frames - like possibly for stable frames for a video recording - I use MSI Afterburner with RivaTuner or Nvidia Inspector and hard limit the framerate with either of them.

Epistolarius updated Black Pearl post-processing preset ('Graphics mod') with a new update entry:

New Alternative and Previews presets added

There are now three different custom post-processing presets with v0.2:
  • 0_BlackPearl.ini, the original preset. No changes have been made.
  • 0_BlackPearl_Alternative.ini is the same preset with a different, colder colour mixing, as per feedback.
  • 0_BlackPearl_Previews.ini, is what I personally use for creating previews in the black showroom, it's in essence the Alternative preset with exposure settings optimised for the preview showroom.

In following examples of the new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This what I mean by too dark, look by yourself on these pics : (Misano, midclear)
Screenshot_ferrari_458_s3_misano_27-5-117-10-50-55.jpg
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_misano_27-5-117-10-32-7.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back