Black 'n Yellow, Black 'n Yellow, Black 'n Yellow, Black 'n Yellow.

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
cnwLPfZ.png

Is it just me or is the yellow around the nose different to the yellow around the middle of the car?

I just read this article.
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/228475/1/renault-unveils-livery-on-eve-of-f1-comeback.html

To me.. it's not quite spectacular, designers should look into open wheel history, F1 or even beter CART/indycar (there are some really gorgeous cars there, take a look for an example in 1998 CART season) liveries. And, if I'm at their job, I would never go with livery like this, their 2016 car, with only one colour, but I'd go with some cool stripes. Stripes nicely positioned makes every car a beauty. Ofc colour should match nicely also. Don't go for green/red combo for an example. :)
Also, if Reanult wants to go back in history they should, imho, look at their 2005 season.
This is most probably their most beautiful car ever made.
2005_renault_r25_real.jpg

I just read this article.
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/228475/1/renault-unveils-livery-on-eve-of-f1-comeback.html

To me.. it's not quite spectacular, designers should look into open wheel history, F1 or even beter CART/indycar (there are some really gorgeous cars there, take a look for an example in 1998 CART season) liveries. And, if I'm at their job, I would never go with livery like this, their 2016 car, with only one colour, but I'd go with some cool stripes. Stripes nicely positioned makes every car a beauty. Ofc colour should match nicely also. Don't go for green/red combo for an example. :)
Also, if Reanult wants to go back in history they should, imho, look at their 2005 season.
This is most probably their most beautiful car ever made.

True, but the 2002-2006 livery was more to do with Mild Seven that it was to do with Renault.

The front wing attachment seems to be different in every press photo, and quite different from the actual car unveiled in Melbourne. Any word on what's correct? What was shown in Melbourne is rather unique compared to other teams.
renault yellow.jpg

True, but the 2002-2006 livery was more to do with Mild Seven that it was to do with Renault.
Then they should stay true to their Renault only liveries from the 70s, 80s and 2010 for example. They all (as we can see in the pic @Stefan Woudenberg posted) used a combination of black and yellow (and sometimes white) but they were never plain coloured.
That's the worst you can do imho.

The front wing attachment seems to be different in every press photo, and quite different from the actual car unveiled in Melbourne. Any word on what's correct? What was shown in Melbourne is rather unique compared to other teams.View attachment 126222
Looks like a 2004ish nose with a post 2009 front wing :/

True, but let me remind you of car name
"Renault R25" so.... IT WAS a Renault.
Just imagine, say, dark blue instead of light blue and Renault instead of Mild Seven. :)
Easy, right? They could use back those ...lines. It's not like it's copyright with Mild Seven.
Alonso_%28Renault%29_qualifying_at_USGP_2005.jpg

Another shot. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

True, but let me remind you of car name
"Renault R25" so.... IT WAS a Renault.
Just imagine, say, dark blue instead of light blue and Renault instead of Mild Seven. :)
Easy, right? They could use back those ...lines. It's not like it's copyright with Mild Seven.
Alonso_%28Renault%29_qualifying_at_USGP_2005.jpg

Another shot. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
Actually the team was called... "Mild-Seven Renault"
I used to smoke Mild Seven and the most common blend had a dark blue packet like the blue on the nose and the rear wing. Mild Seven Lights were light blue.
Livery is easily my favourite ever... but yeah.,, reasons is reasons :)

Ok, I got your point, just saying... there's a difference between team and the CAR but ah ok.... nevermind.... maybe back on topic, or we will hijack this thread. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 205 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.2%