1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Mesa released!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hampus Andersson, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Been waiting years for this, can't wait to play the original half-life but with the updated graphics...:thumbsup:
  2. If I recall correctly, apparently it finishes at the Lambda core chapter and the rest of it will be released at a later date. Still, this is monumental... I've been waiting a long time for this as well. Can't wait to play it! :D
  3. As soon as i wake up tomorrow ill do a marathon :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anyone reached the surface yet? :)

Just got up, man it wasn´t easy trying to rely on others in the beginning to do the shooting for you :D
  5. Classic Valve comedy :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Watched my little brother playing through the beginning sequence this morning. The amount of little touches, awesome jokes and funny references almost reached critical mass! O_O
  7. It just gets even crazier lol. I´m not gonna say anything what´s gonna happen but remember this, "crazy room"

You´ll see what room i´m talking about when you get there :)
  8. Finished it now... amazing game! 11/10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i "discovered" half-life in my father's pc some years ago, it was half-life 2, from that moment on i really liked it and played it and tried to understand the story behind it but i never did :D
    goign to try this one to see if i'm able to understand it :thumbsup:
  11. It will give you a fairly good idea of how it started but there´s one man you´ll never understand :)

See if you can notice him in the game :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

today i've installed the game, in the default directory, after setup is completed i run the game and it inititates and i'm able to play, if i exit the game i can't find a shortcut to enter the game. How can i re-enter the game? do i have to install half-life2 as well?

thank you :)
  13. Have you installed the Source SDK base?
  14. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

yes, but if i start Souce SDK base 2007, but when i start it it only does a video stress test, i will try the 2006 Source SDK base, thank you for your help :thumbsup:

Edit: Instaled the source sdk 2006 and know black mesa appears on steam, so all solve know, thank you very much
  15. I had the same problem but in steam you can choose in the drop down menu "latest installed games" or somethign and it will show up there but not in the regular list for some reason.

Anyway you solved it but just wanted to let people know you can find it with SDK 2007 in Steam.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. When I installed it from the .exe file it put a load of stuff into "app data" folders for some reason. Took ages to actually install it aswell. All seems to be working fine and I am really enjoying it.

It's like playing a brand new game.........only good!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1