'Black Friday' iRacing Subscription

iRacing have released their latest 'Black Friday' deal - $49 for a one year sub.

This Black Friday special is so big we decided to make it available over the entire Thanksgiving weekend.
From Thursday through Sunday we have cut the price of a one-year membership in half. That’s right, you can renew your membership for just $49!
You can also tell your non-iRacing friends about the deal as we are making the same offer for new accounts. Just use the appropriate promo code listed below:
Renewing, extending or re-activating an existing iRacing account? Use promo code PR-BFEM
Creating a new iRacing account? Use promo code PR-BFNM
Either way you will get a full 1-year membership for only $49.
Act fast as this offer expires Sunday November 27th at 23:59 GMT.
:D

Well I wanted to have a go at this so took advantage of this deal.... however, I don't have a cancel button on the account page. I paid with paypal and as it warns you it will auto-renewal unless you set it not to I wanted to cancel any renewal now. But on the cancel/renew page it says it will be active for a year then if I do nothing it will be disabled, there is only a renewal link to the change subscription page here and no cancel button. On the change subscription page it has a year selected and a next billing date. Any ideas?

OK chums.

Word on the iRacing forums seems to be that when taking advantage of the current $49 account create/renew, the service will set your account to automatically re-bill once the subscription has ended.

To switch this off, go in to your Account and then select the Cancel/Renew Membership option. You should see a button to cancel/renew membership. If you wish to disable auto renewal of subscription click this button and it tells the service no to automatically renew when the current subscription ends. It can easily be re-enabled by navigating back to the same screen and clicking the button to switch auto-billing back on.

:)

Actually just noticed this little passage on the change subscription page... as I don't have a cancel button I hope its right, can anyone confirm it works as it says?

'Yearly Subscription
A one year subscription to the service. Subscription will automatically renew unless you either created your account using PayPal or you cancel your membership in the My Account section of the website. Includes the cars and the tracks used by the Rookie Oval series and the Rookie Road racing series.'

Qel,

I believe this is the case, as someone on the iRacing forums uses PayPal to buy his subscription and he says because of this the auto-renew functionality is not applicable. So whatever date you have on your account as your subscription end date, should be the date it ends unless you manually extend it. The service should not auto-renew for you.

:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing