1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Cup schedule unveiled!

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by David Garcia, Jun 25, 2013.

1. So, this is the calendar for the Black Cup 2013. The idea is to keep Blue and Black Cup calendars consistent season after season.

What do you think about it then?

1. Road Atlanta, Full Course - 2013/09/26
    2. Canadian Tire Motorsports Park - 2013/10/10
    3. Daytona International Speedway, Road & Night - 2013/10/24
    4. SuzukaCircuit, Grand Prix - 2013/11/07
    5. Bathurst - 2013/11/21 *
    6. Sonoma Raceway, Cup - 2013/12/03

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    David

2. Same callendars every year?
    And Montreal?

3. I'd much prefer Montreal to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. CTMP is just going to cause a bunch of accidents due to how impossible it is to overtake anyone there.

EDIT: Feel like there needs to be some positivity in these comments, everything else looks good. I like the idea of a mostly similar calender between seasons, though some variation would be good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I say Sonoma Cup is an awesome track for smaller cars, but with this one it'll be a boring race with no passes and people getting desperate and making divebombs.

My suggestion is replace it with Montréal
    Also, I doubt Bathurst will be ready in time.
    Suggestions for possible replacements: Phillip Island, Road America, Silverstone, Watkins Glen

And are the races at the same day and time as the Blue Cup?

5. It is definitive... :whistling: ...and I am sure Sonoma will bring epic racing Joao, at least based in my experience choosing tracks for other STC seasons. When drivers hates the circuit, it brings good racing... :D

About some variations in the calendar, of course, if any track that fits the series in our opinion is released we will consider it.

Mosport is a very good GT circuit in my opinion.

6. Understood. Looking forward to it :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We all know no calendar will fully satisfy every one of the drivers, but the good thing is you can distribute the races and race the ones you like :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. calendar looks great, nice bunch of classic and classy gt tracks. including a roval and a night race. happy.

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Can I propose we look again to this schedule. We had a long talk with DHL and they said the travelling schedule is not very economic for teams in terms of flying routes and transportating costs.

STC should be a more green championship and really strive for reduction of CO2 by making transportation routes as short as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. :D

11. Road Atlanta and Mosport to open the season, it cannot get more perfect than that :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Reduction to 1.5L V6 engines for inter-track traveling

• Like Like x 2
  13. bicycles anyone? mr armstrong has some spare ones he doesn't need atm ...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Deliciously evil, I like.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Man, lol I only have 1 track :) Was willing to enter a team but we would have to spend a lot on new content :) Ah well, next season I guess.

16. Very nice calendar. And if the implication that we'll be using the Ford GT is true, Awesome... that car is now very fun to drive. Shweeeeeeeeeeet

• Like Like x 1

17. You'd only need to buy at most another 2 tracks since the maximum you can drive on is 3. You could even just join a team to race the one track you do have if you wanted!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ah, right :) maybe I can still enter a team then, just waiting for the confirmed cars :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. to bad i can't race on thursdays, so no action for me

20. Love Mosport - people just have to drive carefully and there won't be accidents :).

• Like Like x 1