F1 2013 Bit confused--steam?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I have F12013 on ps3, as you may have read from my posts,

I gave just purchased it on PC also, to make joining leagues easier,I think,

But the DVD seems to only install something called steam? Now after reading and installing, I've now loaded and joined steam, punched in my serial number, now it appears to be downloading F12013,?

So is the programm not on the DVD?

Also with my steam account, can I play via the PS3 version if I wish? If so how do I log in using PS3?

Nick.

1st F1 2013 requires steam
2nd F1 2013 DVD is surely not uptodate I think
3rd if the DVD is not update, steam tends to download the latest version from its online database

steam has nothing to do with PS3, the only connection between both versions would be your CM Racenet account

As I said: The game requires steam, so if it does not detect steam on your pc, it installs it from DVD (though the steam launcher gets updated anyway from the internet), then checks the DVD game version and compares it with the steam database, if the version is older it downloads it (usually) completely (though I think there are hidden options to install from DVD then).
If the DVD versíon would be equally uptodate as steam's database, the game would install from DVD without a problem (usually on launch days, had that last time with Dark Souls 2).

That's the downside with pc gaming: If it comes with steam, uplay, origin etc. one can't do anything without internet as the game needs to be activated this way (later you can play offline though, if the game allows it but steam does not seem to be able to run offline, but can play games offline ... :D)

As I said: The game requires steam, so if it does not detect steam on your pc, it installs it from DVD (though the steam launcher gets updated anyway from the internet), then checks the DVD game version and compares it with the steam database, if the version is older it downloads it (usually) completely (though I think there are hidden options to install from DVD then).
If the DVD versíon would be equally uptodate as steam's database, the game would install from DVD without a problem (usually on launch days, had that last time with Dark Souls 2).

That's the downside with pc gaming: If it comes with steam, uplay, origin etc. one can't do anything without internet as the game needs to be activated this way (later you can play offline though, if the game allows it but steam does not seem to be able to run offline, but can play games offline ... :D)
Steam does work offline :). LAN experience fx. plug in to a lan switch with no internet connected - start the PC and steam will ask if you want to start in OFFLINE mode.

On the other hand, when you're online and steam can't connect to steam servers it just shuts down and won't ask you if you want to start in offline mode ... even though my client is set to offline mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back