Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 6 Preview 3.jpg

Bigben and Kylotonn racing games have announced the release of WRC 6, the official game of the FIA World Rally Championship due to arrive this autumn for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam.

After several underwhelming games under the official WRC banner, Bigben and Kylotonn Games took over the franchise last year with the release of a somewhat disappointing title to mark the first foray into the World Rally Championship franchise. Despite a new development team behind the title, WRC 5 felt very much like its earlier predessors and unsurprisingly fell quickly by the wayside in comparison to the highly regarding Codemasters DiRT Rally title.

Bigben and Kylotonn Games have acknowledged community criticisms regarding WRC 5 and have made strong promises that after using their first title as a learning and development experience, WRC 6 will present a much more realistic and challenging experience for players to enjoy. Although short on anything much more than a few early screenshots a throwaway marketing quotes, it does appear that the studio are interested in producing a more stimulating experience and early indications suggests the unreasonably wide road surfaces and short stage lengths will be addressed in WRC 6. This is excellent news for rally fans as a realistic and challenging rally event is one of the most important aspects to get right when creating a front running rally title, especially considering the already outstanding DiRT Rally currently suffers from a lack of variety in stage locations at the present time.

“We spent the last 8 months, since the release of WRC 5, collecting and studying all the feedback from the community to improve the experience and take it to a new level” says Alain Jarniou, Game Director at Kylotonn.

“The experience gained from WRC 5 helped the team to completely understand the expectations of racing fans when it comes to rallying. Roads were too wide in WRC 5? They will be narrower and more bumpy in WRC 6. Stages were sometimes too short? We created new longer stages and reworked everything to make them longer and more challenging. These are just a few examples of the massive improvements we are bringing to WRC 6 and we already know that players will definitely appreciate these changes”,
concludes Alain Jarniou.

“If you enjoyed WRC 5, then you will love WRC 6,” WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla said. “The developers have introduced significant improvements to make the playing experience even more exciting and true to life, while remaining faithful to its core aims of being an all-action game which takes in classic rallies and legendary special stages on all types of road surfaces.”

WRC 6.png

Due for release on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam in Autumn 2016, WRC 6 will feature all 14 rounds of the official FIA World Rally Championship as well as all the star drivers and a wide selection of WRC 2 teams and competitors from the Junior WRC category. eSports again make an appearance in the new title with amendments in terms of access, rules, and format which will be unveiled nearer the release of the game.

The FIA World Rally Championship is a reverting form of motorsport with some of the very finest drivers and machines in the world competing across beautiful and often dangerous terrain to finish the season as World Champion. The series deserves a rally game that can make it proud, lets hope Bigben and Kylotonn Racing Games can deliver what many fans have been waiting for.

Check out the WRC series of games sub forum here on RaceDepartment for discussions and news regarding former, current and future iterations of the popular official World Rally Championship rally game.

WRC 6 Preview 2.jpg WRC 6 Preview 4.jpg WRC 6 Preview.jpg WRC 6 Ford.jpg

Do you think Bigben and Kylotonn can produce a strong rally contender with WRC 6? Are you interested in the games series? Looking forward to the new game? What should it feature missing in previous titles? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well, at last they are trying to improve their games. Something Milestone can learn from that. So lets wait what WRC 6 is going to be. The 9 patches for WRC 5 improved the game a bit; steering is fixed, speedometer finally in cockpit, triple screens and some more fixes / features.

If Kylotonn take a look at what Dirt Rally does good, what Dirt Rally does bad, what they can improve over Dirt Rally. Than they can be a good competitor for Codemasters. Competition is good. Monopoly that Dirt Rally has isn't. Competition means innovation. Dirt Rally is the true king of Rallying now. Along with Richard Burns Rally. (Rip Burns).

Only what Dirt Rally has to improve are physics. longer stages, way less forgiving damage system, better repair system (repair parts, not percentages.) and somewhat the presentation of the career, etc. Maybe some more but I am forgetting what.

So Kylotonn has a lot of work to do. 8 months means a lot of stuff, so.. lets wait. no hype, just wait.

Bigben and Kylotonn... it is fine to try to improve a game; it is right to remedy the shortcomings and errors made in previous versions but all this always on users' shoulders!
Always the same thing happens... All those who bought WRC5 only a few months ago they are abandoned and will have to necessarily buy the new WRC6 game when this will be available!
The usual marketing policies that look to gain at the expense of buyers!
I really hope that Bigben and Kylotonn remember all those who have confided in them and maybe do a special discount to all the people who bought WRC5... a special price for existing users!
It would not be an impossibility... a clear example is that of Reiza Studios of the Automobilista game that have made freely available their latest creation to all those who had bought the previous Game Stock Car Extreme, a proper and civil user respect!

Better wheel support.
I know I have a oldie (momo) but still... this is the only game that wont recognize it. Truth be told, that S.Loeb rally by Milestone recognize ti, but only steering, pedals don't work. Although they work in menus.:thumbsup: Not that it does have any sense. :alien:
I have try it with keyboard and the game doesn't seems too shabby to me. But that can't be taken as some my review, since I couldn't try it with my wheel. Somewhat it reminds me of S.Loeb rally. Maybe it's the look of the game, I'm not sure now...
And another thing I didn't mention earlier.
A better wheel support.
Oh, I mention it. Nevermind, that can't be overstated. :whistling:

I'm not going to buy wrc 6 intel sim racers give it the ok like as good as dirt rally or Richard burns if not it means its a another faller and lie dert rally physics air vary good if you use a while but if you use key board or game pad you cant hardly play it and you cant give it a fare review if you do and dert rally my not have lost of stages thay have a good bas platform and physics so un like wrc whar u cant even control a slide or get it to slide properly its frustrating to even try

New Trailer.
WRC 6 Face the Danger Trailer
Guess by "Face the danger" they mean that you face the danger that when you buy the game, and when it's already too late, you can easily find out that wheel can not be recognized by the game ...or something like that. :rolleyes: Face the danger of very sparse wheel support list ! sic

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 5.jpg

Big Ben Interactive and Kylotonn Games have released a little preview video featuring some WRC 6 head to head Special Stage rally action, providing a rare insight into the development progress of the upcoming rally racer.

With many of the previous WRC games failing to ignite the imagination of rally fans, made even worse by the explosive release of Codemasters DiRT Rally, Kylotonn need WRC 6 to hit the ground running once it releases for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Little is know about the upcoming title, apart from it benefitting from the official licence to represent the teams and manufacturers of the 2016 FIA World Rally Championship, however excitement is no doubt high amongst fans as we get the first chance to sample a WRC game built under the full glare of the team over at Kylotonn for the first time. Although WRC 5 was released by Kylotonn, the new game should prove to be the first fully representative release from the studio, after a years development experience with WRC 5 and enough time behind Kylotonn to exert the full benefit of the studios skill set on the new title.

WRC 6 - Super Special Stages Trailer

It has been confirmed by the studio that the special stages in WRC 6 will be accurate recreations of real life stages, allowing players to follow in the footsteps of the WRC drivers across several locations found on the WRC calendar.

Check out the WRC 6 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the new World Rally Championship officially licenced game.

Looking forward to WRC 6? Do you think Kylotonn can pull off a solid rally title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

M D Gourley

Premium
Graphics look decent enough, audio sounds ok...content wise, is it retro Dirt 3?....anyway will wait for reviews etc. before looking at a purchase....as my DR installation is getting a hammering (in a good way...lol)

I don't know why you two are so negative I can tell you one thing... first I really love official stuffs, and this is just that, I can have all official cars and all official locations.
Another thing... I recently (finally) broke my momo wheel and I bought G27. Momo wasn't supported and I can't play the damn game at all. With wheel at least, I try it with keyboard but it wasn't... once you drive games with wheel you can't go back, right ?
But now, since G27 IS supported, I decide to give a try to WRC5 (and Seb Loeb rally) once again and you know what...
I had a tons of fun.
I'm not sure what many of you expect from games but I have some really great times. In both WRC and SLRE games. Not that I say they better than DiRT but they are... different. In physics and graphic wise. SLRE on tarmac feels even better than DiRT. And all 3 of them deserved to have their place in gaming community.

So... after this long prologue (sorry bout that:geek:) all I want to say is... let's wait and see, I'm optimist (but I'm always optimist tbh:D) but - for sure - from game previews F1 2016 didn't look THIS good, right ? :)

Last edited:
Ok'ish graphics, bad physics ( arcade handling ) and sounds, while they seem an improvement from WRC 5, they aren't at the same level as DR.
Nothing official yet, but rumours say that Codemasters are working on a new Rally game, or an expansion to DR so, it will "destroy" any other Rally game...again. I want another Rally game, other than DR, to make a big success, DR / Codemasters need competition, but i don't see WRC 6 achieve that, at least not with the Simmers / Hardcore players.

Well the last WRC Game I played was the WRC4 and it was good fun with good races online too.

Unfortunately I could not play WRC5 due to my PC does not support even the minimum requirements but what I've seen on various websites and analysis was very bad ...

I hope the WRC6 be much better. Certainly it will be an arcade game , but although I am a fan of Dirt Rally 'm curious about this WRC6

Can't see me playing this to be honest. I love proper licences too as snapped up F1 2016 on early bird offer without thinking... but Dirt is so good and even that doesn't get the playtime it deserves as I'm in full time employment and a husband and father to boot...
My time is usually spent on Assetto Corsa or F1 2016 and they don't really see enough time either...
I'll wait for some reviews but if Dirt 2 is being worked on as we speak I can see me plumping for that over this.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000