1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Bianchi Surges In The Thriving Marussia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Dan, nice article. I have only one complaint and I feel really awkward pointing this out, since English is my second language, so let me apologize in advance in case I offend you. I have a pet peeve. That is when writers use "of" instead of "have" as in these two examples from this article":

"as he could of been higher placed"
    "who would of thought they were even considering merging"

Of course, the right form would have been "would have been" and "could have thought"

I know that so many people write it with the "of", but that doesn't make it right. Trust me, I make many mistakes myself, such a 'hte' instead of 'the' or 'don;t' instead of 'don't'. It doesn't make me correct either.

You write some nice articles and I enjoy reading your thoughts on motorsports. Silly errors like that take some of the enjoyment away.

BTW, I tried sending this note from the internal commenting system, but I wasn't able to PM you. It would be nice to have a link for communications such as this one.
    Keep up the good work.

3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

IMO Force India should've have dropped Di Resta for Bianchi. They'd have a considerably stronger team in Sutil and Bianchi.

Still, glad to see that Marussia have given Bianchi a chance, because he clearly deserves to be in Formula 1, and probably in a more competitive team.

4. Nice article Dan,

Bianchi looks class and it will be interesting to see whether Chilton can support him enough in the battle of the smaller teams.

Agree that Bianchi has done a stellar job in the first two races but don;t think dropping DiResta would have been the correct thing to do. He was after all running stronger than Sutil in this race and only the wheel nut problem stopped him from having a good result. I think the Force India pairing are very good and we are going to see a strong battle between them for the remainder of the season.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I have to admit, I didn't expect Bianchi to do this well. Chilton had the big advantage of being able to use almost every single day of winter testing and yet Bianchi came in and is just giving him a complete thrashing now.

6. He´s started strong no doubt. It will be interesting to see if he keeps the ball rolling throughout the season.

7. I hope when he makes a mistake people remember that he's a rookie.

But yeah, it's a strong start. Who knows, with a crazy race, he might get the first point for Marussia.