GT5 BHP Increasing?

I first noticed this with the Honda Civic '97, the very first car I bought and I only used it in a couple of races. I was recently awarded another, and found my original had 3bhp more. It has not been modified.

Now I have an Impreza Sedan '10 which I upgraded to exactly 345bhp for the rally special events. I took it out for some practice first, then tried to enter, and was denied because it now has 346bhp.

I'm not an expert on mechanics and engines... is the game simulating engine run-in or something?

Its the engines braking in, they have always done this in GT, early in the life of the engines with new oil they will increase in power, it is short lived though, be sure to keep your oil clean and when the power starts to dip engine overhaul.

I noticed this too - if you buy a premium car with 0 miles on the clock then immediately change the oil you get a BHP increase for next to no money!

Of course with the used cars it stands to reason that a service straight after purchase will yield a small performance gain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back