Better Triple Monitor FPS with Multiview Turned Off

I've been struggling to get a decent frame rate in Automobilista with my triple monitor setup (R3E & iRacing perform great BTW). By myself & in a spread out pack of cars my frame rates are anywhere from 70 to 100 but at that start of a race I was dipping into the 40's. I decided to turn off Multiview & now my frame rates only dip into the 60's at the start of a race. Also, when I turn on the new HUD it is showing on the left & right screens instead of being stuck in my center screen when Multiview was turned on. Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was struggling like myself.

PC Specs:
i5 2500K @ 4Ghz
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
4GB Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz SDRAM
MSI Z68A-GD65(B3) Motherboard
Thermaltake Toughpower 775W PS
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Triple Screen Monitors - Acer H236HL @ 5760 X 1080

Also, when I turn on the new HUD it is showing on the left & right screens instead of being stuck in my center screen when Multiview was turned on. Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was struggling like myself.

Yes, triple screen here, I can confirm that the HUD at the side monitors is really annoying and I don't know if there is any way to move it to the center of the screen. I suppose that if a developer from Reiza Studios read this, he could suggest to play with some values in any .ini settings maybe? In any case, I believe that this "feature" of moving the HUD to any position on the screen based on user's preference should be developed until the official release.

Turning off multi view however means that if you your side monitors have any angle to them the images in the side monitors will be distorted and not line up correctly with your centre monitor. Make sure you don't have windowed mode ticked by mistake in the configuration screen that you can select from the game launcher, people have reported reduced performance if this ticked.

Yep, multiview ON gives you the proper triple screen experience with corrected angles on side monitors. This WILL cost FPS. This is likely why many sims today (pCARS, DiRT Rally etc.) don't support proper multiview rendering at all.

With multiview ON, the angles are completely wrong to me! It seems like the have been set so as the side monitors have 90 degrees turn compared to the central monitor. Is there any way to change the angle?

With multiview ON, the angles are completely wrong to me! It seems like the have been set so as the side monitors have 90 degrees turn compared to the central monitor. Is there any way to change the angle?

I have the same angle problem. the view on screw is like the monitors are tilted away from me instead of towards me. Is there anyway to edit the angles?

Lower your fov and it will line up, also start with seat position centered.
Or don't use correct fov and either live with it or don't use multiview, this always bugged me in SCE. I need to lift my calculated fov (33) by about 5 to 7, so around the 40 mark to get any sense of speed/enjoyment but using triples and multiview the tin top cockpit view was not ideal.. Limitation when not having angle control over side monitors, I actually asked weeks ago if it could be implemented like in AC, but I guess it can't be, unfortunately. For me if I use my correct fov of 33, it lines up perfectly but I just can't drive like that as it makes everything slow and boring. I have found a way recently to actually use my calculated fov of 33 and that is with nvidia 3d vision 2, it's magnificent, the depth perception, car positioning and sense of speed is brilliant and has totally ruined triples for me. Bye bye triples.

Last edited:
Low FPS and scaling issues is often caused display driver and OS. Clean install of display driver and clean OS is key good gaming impression and high FPS. There are lot of free tools like CCleaner and DDU etc.which can be used. AMS user guide can be found in support folder and it is easy to configure AMS graphics by using it.
PS. Windowed mode is running through OS sync buffer and it is causing more input lag, latency and lower FPS then full screen mode.
;)

I have the same angle problem. the view on screw is like the monitors are tilted away from me instead of towards me. Is there anyway to edit the angles?

same for me

Make sure you calculate the correct FOV. I use this calculator http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php , then set it in game. Also your eye position in regard to the monitors is important. Your eyes need to be level with the centre of the monitors. If they are level with the top or bottom of the monitors the image will be distorted. You can see this by coming to a stop on track and then raising or lowering your head and you will notice the images in the side monitors distort.

Niels created a thread about it here. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-set-triple-screens-properly.118365/

I would also like to know if there is a way to reposition the HUD to fit the center screen

OK, as @Heitor Facuri Cicoti helped with his post earlier, I found out that you may play with file \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\config\overlay.ini and you can move it manually.
For example, I changed the x-coordinate for the MapWidget1 from value 0.06944445% to value 135% and now the track map is displayed at the left part of my center monitor, e.g.:
[Widget::MapWidget1]
class = "stock.standard.MapWidget" // The Java class, that defines the Widget.
positioning = BOTTOM_LEFT // The way, position coordinates are interpreted (relative to). Valid values: TOP_LEFT, TOP_CENTER, TOP_RIGHT, CENTER_LEFT, CENTER_CENTER, CENTER_RIGHT, BOTTOM_LEFT, BOTTOM_CENTER, BOTTOM_RIGHT.
x = 135% // The x-coordinate for the position. Default value 0.06944445%
y = 21.296297% // The y-coordinate for the position.

Similarly, you can play with the x and y coordinates for the other widgets as well, but it is really a headache... I hope reiza will enhance this feature to move the widgets with a mouse or keyboard dynamically at the final release...

is there ... so you can fix ': in the config file you put this value "" SubViews=3 ""
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

Whats does this SubViews variable do??? And how did you know it? :)
Again, edit the file \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Config.ini and change
SubViews=0 to
SubViews=3

Now you can tick multiview, and have a perfect 5760 X 1080 resolution triple monitor setup without any weird angles at the side monitors!!!

Well, I did't give SCE any chance (6 hours played in total :)) , but it's successor (a.k.a. AUTOMOBILISTA) looks very promising :)

OK, as @Heitor Facuri Cicoti Whats does this SubViews variable do??? And how did you know it? :)
Again, edit the file \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Config.ini and change
SubViews=0 to
SubViews=3

Now you can tick multiview, and have a perfect 5760 X 1080 resolution triple monitor setup without any weird angles at the side monitors!!!

Sorry but all this does for me is look like multiview has been turned off. side is stretched exactly the same, this does not give correct triple screen view.
and the default value for triple screens is 2 not 0.

fixed FOV, what I was doing wrong was not reading some peoples post correctly, so I lowered fov to about 25 then used seat adjust to get the right distance which for me is like -100, now right hand door doesn't looked bent in wrong direction
COOL!!

Guys, search the folders. There's ReadMe file and an Editor. Visual Editor. You can click, you can type, whatever. Haha

I made it finally!!! RTFM as always ;-).

Lazy guide:
a)
Play Automobilista and take a clear of hud content screenshot (F12) of the cockpit view, in order to get your resolution picture (5760 X 1080 in most cases).

b) Copy the screenshot image at the folder \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\editor\backgrounds\Reiza T-Cam in order to load it in the DynHUD editor

c) Open the dynhud_editor application which is located at \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\editor
The editor loads with your screenshot image preloaded and the widgets at their default (not optimized for triple screens) positions.

d) The most important: From the DynHUD Editor, go "Edit - Make all the widgets use pixels". Now you can add/delete/move any widget at any screen position that you want!

e) File-Save from the DynHUD Editor and load the game

Example of my modifications:
F5539FA4F71794C2CF7EED38D6F4430683AD1374

Well, I like this game more and more every day ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back