Better frame rate when recording with Fraps?

This is about rfactor and rfactor 2, where I'm recording clips, but clips with many cars in shot have a frame rate of about 10fps, and i just find it hard to get decent audio by speeding up slow mo. Is there any way to get a better frame rate when recording with Fraps other than recording in slow-mo?

Well, before I can answer that question, the first question would be, how is the framerate of your game, without FRAPS recording, when you have 10+ cars?

Simple answer would be that, in case your framerate is low at those moments as well, the only option is to:
- Lower graphics settings (relief the GPU + CPU)
- Lower resolution. Full HD is only 1080x720, so recording in a higher resolution is not needed in principle (relief the GPU + CPU)
- Upgrade the computer (increase capacity of GPU/CPU)

Check your Performance tab on the task manager to see what is limiting your framerate at that moment.

If I want to record something I usually just use the replay and record from that. But if you need to do it whilst playing try saving it to a different HDD if possible. If the game is on the C drive try recording to the D drive etc

Well, all performance enhancements you make, will make no difference if the framerate is low without running Fraps :).

It only lowers the frames, so you will never get higher then the game itself without recording on.

Indeed, using a replay works better most of the time :)

Fraps in my oppinion kills the fps when recording.

I'd recommend you try Dxtory or MSI Afterburner. They do not have such a big hit on frame drops.
My problem is that the video I recorded stutters for some odd reason but in all other non sim games it is smooth as silk

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back