Better FFB physics in new updates.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive read a few times, that the new cars the gr5 and gtr2 have new physics which improved the FFb and physics. Does this get rid of the over forced centre and the swaying you get from it?

I will not buy them not knowing if this is fixed.

just cam back to rre after playing some other sims. Tried the GSC file. just felt way to heavy. When I reinstalled my original jyri file, something just didn't feel right,..... I just dont get it...

you play rre alone it feels ok// play it back to back or freshly minded with another sim, just feels "off"....
Dan you're obsessed with FFB. Stop playing every sim on the planet and maybe concentrate on one or 2.

moan about it all you like lads, im trying to get this sim much better than it is.. if you like it dont read my posts... simple.

i think it could be better so do many others. just do a google search for "raceroom floaty" im not the only one. Shame you just settle for any old bolllox.

People have tried to help but it's difficult when you sway between a positive and negative opinion on a weekly basis. It gives me the impression you don't know what you want from FFB yourself.

R3E's FFB clearly isn't for you. I've said this before but basically accept its quirks (as I have done) or move on. Nothing will change any time soon.

As sim racers we are spoiled for choice.

Im really like set of ffb in AC, clearly understandable. Good feeling of car through steering wheel. In r3e, devs maske life difficult for today. Who can tell me, what parameter is responsible for steering wheel weight and feel this effect whe you turn into corner and out of it?

Below parameters seem to be the most important (rcs-file). This example is from my GSCE-set.

FFB steer force output max="1.8" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.4" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent="0.6" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent="0.2" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.

just cam back to rre after playing some other sims. Tried the GSC file. just felt way to heavy. When I reinstalled my original jyri file, something just didn't feel right,..... I just dont get it...

you play rre alone it feels ok// play it back to back or freshly minded with another sim, just feels "off"....
Are you playing Pcars? With a T500 plus Jack Spades v1.6 I can say for sure Pcars ffb is terrible comparing to R3E. I now play R3E with two different settings to get rid of floaty feeling in some rear traction cars (although losing some details), but WTCC 2014 amazes me and in general I get more information than Pcars. Is kind of different from AC, RF2, but I get a good feeling of what is happening to de car as I get on those. Just my opinion, maybe I'm happy with something less than perfection;)

Akira i was talking about RF2 & gsc. and suppose pcars to an extent. I think all these games portray a better feeling of tyres and a less floaty feeling. However pcars road feel is pretty bland. I can only consider reiza and ISI offerings as the true FFB experience, and these offer the least dials, sliders and options to mess with?!

THings is as people have said, and i will say again, RRe has great general ffb BUT the lack of feel in the centre and when you turn the wheel theres not enough friction from the tyres.Just feels bland around the middle..

Does need a minimum force.

Who can tell me, what parameter is responsible for steering wheel weight and feel this effect whe you turn into corner and out of it?

In a german menue it would be translated as intensitiy of steering-effects (can´t change the language with this title). The second thing to setup is the DOR and steering angle for every car. DOR should be clear and if you reduce the second value, the car should be turning with less rotation. I like 900/19 most times.

My problem with the ffb is, that it has no proper grip/no grip effect apart from the tyre-sounds and weight of the wheel. It´s better even in pCars, especially with high Fm-values and AC is doing a good job through vibrations.

You get used to it through practice, but every time i make a break from the title and playing other sims, i have problems to adapt again, even after 250 (steam-)hours.

both pcars and rre share similar ffb issues lack of centre feel .

People that beg to differ try rf2 or gsce and come back and tell me different..

Look, I get that you feel disappointed with R3E's FFB. I can't compare with the other new sims as I don't own any, but I can compare with GTR2 and R07 and I definitely notice what you've been talking about. I've been critical about the sim where I feel I should've been, here or on their forums. However, S3 have shown is that they're open to discussion and they'll hear out everyone, and the improvements and updates have shown it. So if I were you I would just stay away from it for a while and wait for further updates. I think we can now definitely say that other users' rcs files and tweaks can't fix what you're looking for so it's not really worth banging on about it.

Below parameters seem to be the most important (rcs-file). This example is from my GSCE-set.

FFB steer force output max="1.8" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.4" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent="0.6" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent="0.2" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.

Stupid question maybe…
but this can also be applied to Raceroom?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back