Better FFB physics in new updates.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive read a few times, that the new cars the gr5 and gtr2 have new physics which improved the FFb and physics. Does this get rid of the over forced centre and the swaying you get from it?

I will not buy them not knowing if this is fixed.

@Msportdan
What wheel do you have?
And what exactly is your problem?

Start by using the default profile in the controller settings, which by default should have 0 springs/damper/friction.

If you feel a "center spring" then it´s probably a driver setting.

Maybe you will find a profile fitting your wheel here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/controller-profiles.883/
Hi Georg, first of all I have a G27 and I don't really know if this is a problem but...

When going straight at high speed I do spin the wheel a little to feel any force but I can't feel it, I just feel it when going through a corner. Is it normal? I mean, is right to feel it this way in Raceroom, or is something wrong? Thank you.

The G27 is notorious for having a dead center. Hopefully we will be able to work on a minimum force setting soon to compensate for that.

I'm using the DFGT.
I had a huge deadspot in the steering's center and still do in most other games.

I turned up ffb to 100% in-game and turned off Logitech's profiler.
Now, I find myself early apexing or oversteering in corners because the steering is too responsive (no deadspot). I need to turn something down. I just need to experiment and find out what that "something" is. Maybe change the wheel rotation too? Just wish the animated hands on the wheel reflect what our hands/wheels are doing.

I got the heavy steering feeling I like (high effort).:)
I got the centering strength I like. But it feels abit "springy" - not natural. If i dampen the steering, the springy effect is weakened, but then it slows down the steering reaction.
Finding the "perfect" setting is so difficult. :O_o:

Keep up the great work and keep those videos coming! :thumbsup:

Hi Azfalt,

Have you tried turning down the Steering Sensitivity?
I have a Thrustmaster TX, .. and turned it down to 40%, .. and it made an incredible difference. Feels very nice around the middle now. :)

Cheers
Tom

@Msportdan
What wheel do you have?
And what exactly is your problem?

Start by using the default profile in the controller settings, which by default should have 0 springs/damper/friction.

If you feel a "center spring" then it´s probably a driver setting.

Maybe you will find a profile fitting your wheel here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/controller-profiles.883/

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=b4ivsk&s=8#.VWr_gu9FCUk

T300 GTE RIM
In this video.. shows my issue.. I know letting go of the wheel isn't natural racing. But is shows the force I have to fight when it tries to auto centre the wheel (more often that not overcompensates as well). So when trying to correct the car, be it exiting a corner or counter steering, its difficult and causes swaying. I have set 100 constant 100 period 0 spring 0 damper in my driver, and game to set centre setting. I also don't run that high lat and vert forces, as I know this effects this kinda thing.

To get rid of this I have to have the steer force set as low as 30 so I get more a natural steering feel. But at the sacrifice of loosing most feel in the tyres! In all my other sims if I turn then lessen my grip the wheel will follow the momentum of the tyres which gradualy centres the wheel but in a more natural motion. In rre I get a snapping feel like the wheels been jerked the other way. *shown in my video above.

Last edited:
I too experience the very floaty FFB through my G27 with R3E. Everything feels right except the very vague sensation when turning a corner, which for me is the most important thing about the FFB.

The moment your turn the wheel you want to feel the rubber resisting laterally against the road so you know exactly where your car is and how much more or less steering to apply. But in R3E it's incredibly vague, so I turn more because I'm not sure if I'm gripping or understeering, and I end up oversteering, countersteering and then spinning or fishtailing to regain control, or just understeering off.

I guess I really need to spend a day just going through all the available options and finding something that works, because i really want to love this game and give it my support and monies. Especially now the dedicated servers are here.

It's a shame because in the earlier, Sector 3-made updates back in autumn last year, it felt absolutely perfect to drive.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%