Resource icon

EA Sports WRC Better Crowd Atmosphere Audio 2024-05-06

Login or Register an account to download this content
That would be nice if you just added the horn and cowbell alone...

I understand the reality of it...but at high speed I think it fits better.
Of course, in hairpin you have to hear the people.
But as I said, at first we had nothing and if we can now hear horns and cowbell during the stage then I wouldn't be surprised that it would still sound good.

Last edited:
That would be nice if you just added the horn and cowbell alone...

I understand the reality of it...but at high speed I think it fits better.
Of course, in hairpin you have to hear the people.
But as I said, at first we had nothing and if we can now hear horns and cowbell during the stage then I wouldn't be surprised that it would still sound good.
What's annoying is the game seems to trigger the crowd sounds randomly, but that is what makes the (correct) idea of speed past large crowd = horns and go slower past crowd = more cheers heard tricky, because you could have a small crowd you go past quickly and a large one slowly! It just seems random in the game, which is frustrating.

All the game really needs is an option to have "slow driving" be cheers and shouts (mostly) and horns and whistles, and "fast driving" be loud blast of horn. I think it would be easy for them to do that but I have no idea how to change the 'trigger' programming.

What I am going to try though is focus on a couple of crowd sounds where the cheers start with horns, the idea is that as you drive fast you'd just hear the horn (because you'll be gone quickly) but as you drive slower you'll still hear the rest of the sounds. We'll see!

redsox78 updated Better Crowd Atmosphere Audio with a new update entry:

Super Horny

I was asked to put even more airhorns in, so this is that version!

It sounds quite good I think, so you choice is between one of my previous three, and this one. This one is more or less constant airhorns, and I am exhausting my efforts now :)

One final thing I'd like to try is to bring more of the cowbells that are in the game files into it, but I am not sure I can, so this might be the final update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

What's annoying is the game seems to trigger the crowd sounds randomly, but that is what makes the (correct) idea of speed past large crowd = horns and go slower past crowd = more cheers heard tricky, because you could have a small crowd you go past quickly and a large one slowly! It just seems random in the game, which is frustrating.

All the game really needs is an option to have "slow driving" be cheers and shouts (mostly) and horns and whistles, and "fast driving" be loud blast of horn. I think it would be easy for them to do that but I have no idea how to change the 'trigger' programming.

What I am going to try though is focus on a couple of crowd sounds where the cheers start with horns, the idea is that as you drive fast you'd just hear the horn (because you'll be gone quickly) but as you drive slower you'll still hear the rest of the sounds. We'll see!
Indeed you understand me. Well written.
Now I can do some testing and it sounds better.
Clearly better than the others.
Wasn't it possible to just make the horns ...probably not ?
In any case, thank you for your efforts.

Indeed you understand me. Well written.
Now I can do some testing and it sounds better.
Clearly better than the others.
Wasn't it possible to just make the horns ...probably not ?
In any case, thank you for your efforts.
I've be playing with the latest version I did with lots of horns, and I agree it's better. I think it could do with just a little less for my taste, but I do think it's better.

The problem with just making the horns is the horns sounds in the game are repeating horns, not a constant one, the only 'pure' horns are very short sounds. So I think it would be more annoying than realistic (they would 'blip' in and out like an alarm). Instead what I did was replace any 'cheering' sounds with the equivalent 'horns+cheering' sounds. But I am actually going to revisit the one I most recently posted once I have used it a bit more...

I've be playing with the latest version I did with lots of horns, and I agree it's better. I think it could do with just a little less for my taste, but I do think it's better.

The problem with just making the horns is the horns sounds in the game are repeating horns, not a constant one, the only 'pure' horns are very short sounds. So I think it would be more annoying than realistic (they would 'blip' in and out like an alarm). Instead what I did was replace any 'cheering' sounds with the equivalent 'horns+cheering' sounds. But I am actually going to revisit the one I most recently posted once I have used it a bit more...
Nice of you.
I personally like short sounds more than long stretches of constant cheering.
This sound good on a long stage, but on a short stage it is almost constant from start to finish, and that is also more annoying than realistic.
I would really like to try out the horns only, who knows, maybe it won't be that bad.
But I respect your input and work...well done so far.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 109 89.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 37.7%