Beta Race Test: WTCC87 AE86

Status
Not open for further replies.
With looking at the two screens, why is it that I can only change the tyre pressures for the rear tyres?

But you can change the Packers? Have no real idea what these do so I just left them alone.

Then we come to the Bump and Rebound settings. In the BMW or Alfa, you can go from 1 to 16. In the 86s, its 1 to 8. :confused: Also, with the BMW and Alfa, you can be as daft as you want with the Fast and Slow settings (ex, Front 15 Fast Bump, Front 5 Slow Bump, etc), but in the 86s, you can only make the settings move by changing the slow settings. But by doing this, both the Fast and Slow settings for Bump and Rebound respectivially always stay the same (ex, Front 5 Fast Bump, Front 5 Slow Bump, etc). To me, this just seems odd to me, as I like to normally have the Slow higher as it tends to help with weight transfer.

All been adjusted :)

Power[/B]
... but to make its own class, because this car with more power should be great fun to drive.

On release, there will be 6 cars, 2 WTCC87 (as per this test) and 4 in Club spec N1 and N2 :)

Handling
And the car is very stable on curbs or bumps (maybe too much stable).

As the car is quite light I think the off set momentum is less and therefore handles better...

Bugs
I found 3 bugs:

1) Foot animation is not correct, when no pedal is pressed, left foot is on the brake pedal (but it should be on the clutch pedal) and right foot is on the throttle pedal and when the throttle pedal is pressed, the left foot move to clutch pedal.

It is setup as Left Foot Braking, so like the SimBin cars, the left foot will hover over the brake and move to the clutch when the gas is depressed...

2) During the race, I noticed one pretty annoying bug. For some reason, sometimes the interior view look weird - overlapping of some objects.

Image: http://www.michal3d.ic.cz/other/images/Toyota_01.jpg

Will look into this... Thx for picture

3) Mirrors doesn't work very well. What's more, in some cases, they was very distracting in the race.

Mirrors are unfinished, next on list :)

I think the cars already make good power for what they are.
I have run a few laps at Bathurst against the WTCC cars which have more power and can actually stay with them ,if not pull out and pass down Conrod.The car is very good over the top of the mountain where i can keep it almost flat from The Cutting to the Dipper(hounding the hell out of the WTCC cars)
Car is very stable over bumps,has good brakes and handling.Rear end tends to get away on you once the tyres wear a little ,but once you get used to it ,it is easy to control with the throttle.
Once again ,excellent work Gunthar..looking forward to the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back