Beta Impressions

Same kind of feelings here: it is not the same game, everything has been reworked and improved. The hd UI is great; the cars shine with their new shaders, at the same time the tires are more dull, you can see the different materials; the tracks are better than ever! It is not completely different from SCE tho, all the previous content is still there, the menu are reorganized but the features are mostly the same (with some nice additions, like the ability to take notes in the setup screen or to cap your fps). It is just better in every way! I like a lot the new content, I am also pleasantly surprised by the Super Trucks, really fun! Hard to master too…
Of course they are glitches to fix, it is a beta. But it seems very few people have real problems that stop them from playing. That must be terribly annoying for them but I am amazed with the nice attitude from all the Reiza team! Always calm and kind, willing to help and fix. It seems they are working like creazy to correct everything! Really nice people, they deserve our support! Really happy to be part of this, thank you!

i thought that at first, i was amazed and i still am. But theres some performance issues i still have from GSC lurking around (max shadows a killer to fps, some ai on corners keep spinning.. jaggies/shimmering from white lines) But the handling is the best in any sim, i especially like the mr18 in cockpit feels very intense as does the stock car.

Is better ffb AMS compared to stock car extreme?
I ask, because I do not have access to the beta.
I want to try it when released. Seeing the photos, and without the beta. I will have a heart attack.
Infarto.gif

some people are having FFB and fps issues. (think more on DD wheels) i have a t300 and i don't have any issues with ffb, It feels a lot more detailed you get a lot more road noise and can better feel weight transfer. There is a defo improvement there! :)

(max shadows a killer to fps, some ai on corners keep spinning.. jaggies/shimmering from white lines)
Shadows are always a killer in all games. Its the first thing you change when you want to fix performance. I think jaggies can be fixed with a third party nVidia program whose name eludes me. There should be a guide on the SCE part of Steam explaining how to optimize visuals. Ai spinning is one of those things that I will always wait for a solution to. Perhaps if you had a few people working full time optimizing AIWs (lol that'd be a horrible job).

the clamp dll had fixed the shimmering on GSC but i can't get it to work in AMS, maybe cos sweet fx is enabled in game.. Only thing is shadows set lower than max don't cast on car, (i.e. bridges trees etc)

I gave my impressions after one day of driving AMS.
Now after two days of driving AMS for sure I see improvements but it is by no means a different game to GSCE as some are claiming. They are distinctly from the same 'family' and AMS is a polished upgrade, a subtle evolution of GSCE.
All the great things being said here about AMS - I can say exactly the same about GSCE.

Things you can't say about gsc when compared to AMS....
Double the physics rate that now runs at 720hz compared to 360hz
New dynamic tire model, dirt pick up, flat spotting, visual tire wear in open wheelers a contact patch that is updated and felt through the ffb more frequently, dynamic road with rubbering and marble build up
Updated shaders and lighting resulting in better graphics
All of which I notice alot once I go back to gsc specifically the overall driving immersion is much more detailed now.
Saying it's only subtle is equivalent to saying there's not much difference between rf1 & rf2 and when I compare AMS to rf2 it's very similar now asides from dynamic weather, chassis flex and animated Marshalls which hopefully will see in reiza 17 :)

I am no tech boffin - just a simmer who loves great sims of which GSCE is still a great sim and I regret deleting it off my hard drive to make way for AMS . If they are so different why could they not both live on my machine.

Threads here urge us to remove GSCE otherwise AMS won't run. I found this out after downloading AMS through Steam, firing it up and it hung. So did a extermination of GSCE as reccomended here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-playing-the-game-thread.117796/#post-2189148

Now I regret my haste to totally delete GSCE because after a couple of years I had discovered the sweet spot of GSCE and had good mods and tracks too. Settings such as FFB , FPS, graphics were optimised to my liking.

Then comes AMS - thankfully my expectations were tempered and in check.

So they say there is a big difference - I do not feel the 'big' difference - they are subtle to me or perhaps behind the scenes. Thus far I have driven three tracks for several hours with Brazilian V8: Brasilia, Spielberg and Interlagos.

This has been said:
  • Double the physics rate that now runs at 720hz compared to 360hz - Backend stuff which I don't feel it
  • New dynamic tire model, dirt pick up, flat spotting, visual tire wear in open wheelers a contact patch that is updated and felt through the ffb more frequently, dynamic road with rubbering and marble build up - Thanks for telling me because I don't notice it but will look out for it
  • Updated shaders and lighting resulting in better graphics - still looks very rFactor1 to me
  • All of which I notice alot once I go back to gsc specifically the overall driving immersion is much more detailed now - How do you do this since we were told to delete GSCE?
  • Saying it's only subtle is equivalent to saying there's not much difference between rf1 & rf2 - You joking right? IMO AMS should have been on rF2 full stop! Then you would have noticed revolutionary differences
  • When I compare AMS to rf2 it's very similar now - I knew you were joking! And if you are not then I am afraid to say you are out of touch with latest rF2 and you should revisit it.
I am sure AMS will get better and better, and agree it is still Beta and already is very good. But I don't understand the need to slag of GSCE when it was and still is a fantastic sim and not as backward (relative to AMS) as many are claiming.
Now how can I get GSCE back on my hard-drive without upsetting AMS?

Last edited:
Now I regret my haste to totally delete GSCE because after a couple of years I had discovered the sweet spot of GSCE and had good mods and tracks too. Settings such as FFB , FPS, graphics were optimised to my liking.
All of which I notice alot once I go back to gsc specifically the overall driving immersion is much more detailed now - How do you do this since we were told to delete GSCE?

You were told to delete the Beta lol, like Christian.ca mentioned. Why would you delete GSCE when it isnt being replaced and all of the info out there has said that AMS is it's own title to be installed independently of GSCE?

Updated shaders and lighting resulting in better graphics - still looks very rFactor1 to me

That's because it is the exact same graphics engine still. Not saying that you are doing this, but some people have far too high of expectations with AMS. It's just GSCE repackaged with more content. I wouldnt say anything is revolutionary and different. It's just been refined, added to, and improved modestly.

Personally, it still looks quite like GSCE to me since I used sweet fx before. The only real difference I am noticing is the track marbles and racing line being colored.

Now how can I get GSCE back on my hard-drive without upsetting AMS?

Umm, just install it. It's a separate game and they dont interfere. I have both installed and they work perfectly well.

Thanks all for the advise. Just for the record with GSCE installed and AMS newly installed whenever I launched AMS it would hang. Thus I uninstalled GSCE from my main HD (have everything backed up on my RAID so train smash)
After uninstalling and deleting related GSCE files - only then did AMS fire-up. No biggie just a report on what happened to me.

That's because it is the exact same graphics engine still. Not saying that you are doing this, but some people have far too high of expectations with AMS. It's just GSCE repackaged with more content. I wouldnt say anything is revolutionary and different. It's just been refined, added to, and improved modestly.
Personally, it still looks quite like GSCE to me since I used sweet fx before. The only real difference I am noticing is the track marbles and racing line being colored.
Pretty much what I said so I am not alone in my observations....

We asked people to uninstall GSC Beta before running AMS Beta because left over files may cause conflicts - as it installs to the same directory and is the same project on Steam.

There is no reason why normal GSC installs would not work, they are completely separate things.

Okay but as I said in the above about AMS not launching happened and thus I did install GSCE and then it worked. Maybe unrelated - but that's what happened.
Tonight I reinstall GSCE and run it concurrent with AMS.

First impressions are very positive. Running supertrucks at Montreal for several laps did make me question having a triple screen set-up, a bit too immersive, started feeling queasy with all that motion off the jumps and through the chicanes ;):sick:. I'll just have to man-up and go race some more!!

Hello, after looking very much video footage I would like to mention some small missing track details, not very much but it would be nice to hear your opinions @Renato Simioni and @Alex Sawczuk.

First, Campo Grande: Some green stuff at the exit of the corner before the long straight and the with line on the long back straight.

MS1.jpg
MS2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back