• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Beta 11 of World Racing Series Deployed

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,318
    World Series Racing 2.jpg
    The exceptionally talented PiBoSo has released beta build 11 of the impressive World Racing Series simulation for Windows PC.

Released just a couple of days ago, the new beta 11 build for World Racing Series weighs in at 552 MB and contains a number of fixes to both simulation aspects and online multiplayer elements of the game. With VR support improvements, enhancements to cut track rules and other minor and major developments the beta 11 build is a nice update to a game that already performs remarkably well.

For those of you maybe not so familiar with the work of PiBoSo, World Racing Series is an independently developed racing simulation that contains a raft of unlicensed racing vehicles covering a range of different motorsport styles. The physicals and level of detail within the game are incredibly impressive, especially considering the status as an independent game, and bring to the player a very satisfying driving experience cram packed with features missing from some more established names.

The new build changelog can be read in full below, plus a couple of videos showcasing some of the different content found within the simulator.

Beta 11 Changelog:
    • fix: tyre simulation bug
    • fix: dirt simulation
    • fix: improved steer simulation
    • fix: multiplayer improvements
    • fix: replay rotation
    • fix: replay engine sound
    • fix: remote cars engine sound
    • fix: remote cars dirt on tyres
    • fix: track cutting penalty
    • fix: duplicate controls check
    • fix: paint saved for each car and helmet
    • fix: number of centerline segments
    • fix: VR user interface list boxes
    • new: rear steer
    • New: LAN direct connect
    • new: controls linearity over 100%
    • new: controls state
    • new: misc controllers profiles
    • new: stagger models
    • new: IK links debug
    W.I.P Sprint Cars Video

W.I.P Caterham Video

W.I.P Rallycross Video

About the Game:

World Racing Series is a realistic car simulator, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates vehicle dynamics and setup options.
    As such a force-feedback steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are supported.

World Racing Series also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

Features:
    • Automotive industry-standard tyre model
    • Dynamic track surface groove buildup
    • Wet track simulation and dynamic drying
    • Dynamic marbles generation
    • Tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
    • Dynamic terrain deformation
    • Wet terrain simulation
    • User-selectable driver gestures
    • Output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
    • A plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated car
    • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
    • Support for custom paint schemes for car, helmet and suit
    • Tools and documentation are provided to allow advanced users to build and integrate new tracks, cars, helmets and more
    • Oculus Rift support.

Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10, 32 or 64 bits
    Processor: 2.0 GHz
    RAM: 1 GB
    Video Card: 256 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
    DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries
    If possible, make sure graphics drivers are updated to the latest official version.

World Series Racing is a multi discipline racing title from the talented PiBSO. Available for PC you can purchase the game directly from the World Series Racing website.

World Series Racing 3.jpg World Series Racing.jpg

You can discuss PiBoSo games Kart Racing PRO, World Racing Series, MX-Bikes, GP-Bikes plus other titles in our Other Racing Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Do you play any of the PiBoSo games, if so what do you think? How does the new World Racing Series update feel? Would you recommend any of the PiBoSo games to your fellow RD readers, if so why? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +1,085
    Forgot all about this thing! Played it back in like 2011 I think? Cool to see that there's still updates.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheNacho

TheNacho

Ratings:
    +0
    Somehow, the looks really remind me of LfS ... :D

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,797
    I remember this, I used to own all 3 of the titles. kart, bikes ,and cars.. All 3 were very good, At the time the FFB was good on my G25, i wonder how it feels now.. Sadly i cant drive the full sim now due to loosing my Emails with the product keys..

• Sad Sad x 1
  5. ThatRacingGuy

ThatRacingGuy
    I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened

Ratings:
    +486
    Kart Racing Pro is where its at. We need RD community races on KRP :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FoxiFyer

FoxiFyer

Ratings:
    +4
    hmm, with Pcars 2, Reiza 17, RF2 going to DX11, and Gtr3, it seems a new era of sim racing games is on the horizon, and the ol' rfactor engine mite have run its course by now, even AMS pushes the engine to its absolute limits, I think its time sim developers look towards a new engine to develope games on, G motor 2 is really starting to show its age, and another sim running on it just seems like wasted effort considering its starting to become limited and lacks the optimization of current engines.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GyroscopicDesign

GyroscopicDesign

Ratings:
    +32
    How can I get into the beta?

8. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +77
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium

Ratings:
    +386
    As far as I know isn't based on ISI work, is all made by one man...

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. NulTweeZes

NulTweeZes

Ratings:
    +16
    I had the same, but I sent an email to Piboso and got my key back the same day. Just use the mail you originaly got the key with.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dale Smith

Dale Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    So this is another sim out there that I have never heard of? WOW, I am so disconnected. But being indie, is it serious? I mean, we all like new things, especially in sim racing. The biggest issue is to find enough other drivers that are racing in the same place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AadHofman

AadHofman

Ratings:
    +26
    So how is the handling and FFB in general?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +780
    This game has limitations as does GP Bikes but it's an excellent modding option for rally mods and other loose surface cars. Maybe this RD highlight will bring some interest.

PS: Piboso did focus on implementing VR from the beginning, so all of you with sets have good reason to try it.

14. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict" Premium

Ratings:
    +655
    Never heard of this before, but I'm loving the sprint car, that alone will get me to try it when it's released. I have a copy of Sprint car outlaws, was sick fun back in the day, might have to keep an eye on this title.:thumbsup:

15. TzZyO

TzZyO

Ratings:
    +68
    I'd say that Caterham wasn't half bad, if a little tricky. Not sure if I prefer the AMS ones over this rendition.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tim Davila

Tim Davila

Ratings:
    +40
    and the KRP steam release? still waiting that one, any news?

Piboso has talent... amazing ffb on his games especially on karts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    Not all but the best cars in AMS en RF2 kick every other sim out of the water.
    Except for the eyecandy department. But driving a DX11 sim at noon (dull lights) does not make that much difference from the cockpit view.

18. leon_90

leon_90

Ratings:
    +130
    I can't figure out where to download additional tracks for this sim, can anyone help me? Maybe @Gui Cramer ?

19. TzZyO

TzZyO

Ratings:
    +68
  20. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +780
    Tracks are another weak aspect of the games. A lot of them are rf1 conversions, which often were conversions. If some members of the modding community support it, it can be awesome. GP Bikes has some fantastic bikes, some built from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 1