• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Best ways to get players [Servers]

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by ozm8ey, Aug 19, 2017.

1. ozm8ey

ozm8ey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Hello just wondering what is a good way to get players for your server? Like how do you make your server stand out more. I see a lot of server use !a at the start of their server name to be at the top of the list but i feel thats cheating.

2. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    I don't care if a server is on top the list.
    As long as it has a proper race schedule, I'm in.

3. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +558
    I don't think name will help you .. I always sort by latency and than look good amount of players and car-track combination.
    Perhaps try to organize few events and provide good friendly environment ..

4. Kristian Maynes

Kristian Maynes

Ratings:
    +14
    Try Non-DLC track/cars combination.

5. ozm8ey

ozm8ey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    im using bathurst mod as a track so thats probabky a bad idea yeah? though i got 2 players on last night.

6. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    For a public server .... using all original content is the best for non-league server.

No problem for a league using modded content in their servers as the league's forum announces the server content and where to download this content with the right version also.

NB: Bathurst is already a track with different versions

7. Art-J

Art-J

Ratings:
    +11
    To be more specific, four conversion of this track are floating around the internet - it's not difficult to imagine problems that might cause when setting up a public server.