F1 2013 Best place to pre-order f1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Does anyone no were the best and cheapest place is to pre-order f1 2013 yet? I have found this place called mighty ape Australia and that sells classic edition for $70.00 ( which is £40 ) and its badly priced. Anyone else have somewhere?

You don't mention your platform, but I am assuming you mean a console version of the game.

In the UK the prices are usually higher than the USA, as games priced in US$ are often more or less converted 1 to 1 to Pounds. This is very annoying where US$100 = £100, when it should be ion the region of £66 - £72.

However, I believe things may be worse in Australia and New Zealand.

One of the cheapest shops in the UK is shopto.net, and they do deliver internationally, but look at their UK prices, and it would appear that you may be better off in Australia at the price you quote above

Classic Edition - PS3 & XBox = £54.85

Standard Edition - PS3 & XBox = £37.85

Traditionally PC prices have always been cheaper, perhaps because companies like to rip-off their more popular console platforms, and partly because Microsoft & Sony want their cut of the action, and have to test every bit of software installed on their platforms, and charge an arm and a leg for the privilege.

For the PC, the Standard Edition is the ONLY one available on disk, and will have to be upgraded with Classic Edition DLC via Steam.

So the PC Standard disk version @ shopto.net is £19.85

The final choice will be Steam itself for the PC version(s) of the game. Steam maybe a reliable platform, but they are not known for their competitive pricing, to me they tend to be over-priced, especially for new release. Even if they give 10% discount for pre-orders, they are still over-priced. They however have great sales, weekend deals, and mid-week deals, but you will not get a new release in these sales.

Steam have not posted their pre-order prices yet, but they will be close to doing it. It is done up to 6 weeks before release, and we are close to moving into that window now.

There has also been no mention of whether the PC Classic Edition will be available on day one as a complete package or as a pre-order. Rather than buying or pre-ordering the Standard Edition, then upgrading via DLC to Classic

Sorry for the long reply, but the upshot is that your Australian price is good if you are referring to the console Classic version, equal if it's the console Standard version, but bad if it's the Standard PC version.

Cheers :)

F1 2013 @ Shopto.net

Lucky there's GameStop, dunno 'bout other countries but in germany they provide 9.99 preorders almost always for specific games. Currently there's F1 2013 on the list, so you can bring them e.g. F1 2012 and one other game from their trade-list and pay 9.99€ and can preorder the standard edition of F1 2013 for either 360 or PS3

[Well, I traded my F1 2012 with NHL 13 for NHL 14 :D]

You don't mention your platform, but I am assuming you mean a console version of the game.

In the UK the prices are usually higher than the USA, as games priced in US$ are often more or less converted 1 to 1 to Pounds. This is very annoying where US$100 = £100, when it should be ion the region of £66 - £72.

However, I believe things may be worse in Australia and New Zealand.

One of the cheapest shops in the UK is shopto.net, and they do deliver internationally, but look at their UK prices, and it would appear that you may be better off in Australia at the price you quote above

Classic Edition - PS3 & XBox = £54.85

Standard Edition - PS3 & XBox = £37.85

Traditionally PC prices have always been cheaper, perhaps because companies like to rip-off their more popular console platforms, and partly because Microsoft & Sony want their cut of the action, and have to test every bit of software installed on their platforms, and charge an arm and a leg for the privilege.

For the PC, the Standard Edition is the ONLY one available on disk, and will have to be upgraded with Classic Edition DLC via Steam.

So the PC Standard disk version @ shopto.net is £19.85

The final choice will be Steam itself for the PC version(s) of the game. Steam maybe a reliable platform, but they are not known for their competitive pricing, to me they tend to be over-priced, especially for new release. Even if they give 10% discount for pre-orders, they are still over-priced. They however have great sales, weekend deals, and mid-week deals, but you will not get a new release in these sales.

Steam have not posted their pre-order prices yet, but they will be close to doing it. It is done up to 6 weeks before release, and we are close to moving into that window now.

There has also been no mention of whether the PC Classic Edition will be available on day one as a complete package or as a pre-order. Rather than buying or pre-ordering the Standard Edition, then upgrading via DLC to Classic

Sorry for the long reply, but the upshot is that your Australian price is good if you are referring to the console Classic version, equal if it's the console Standard version, but bad if it's the Standard PC version.

Cheers :)

F1 2013 @ Shopto.net
I was talking Aussie dollar to British pound

Yeah I know. I was just explaining that in the UK we are generally ripped-off with games compared to the USA, as they convert one dollar to one pound. No doubt the Aussies are often in the same boat, with high prices (or taxes?) So the best price is usually in the USA.

You equated AUS $70 to £40. If you are talking about console versions of the game, you say that is a bad price. I am saying that if that AUS $70 is for the Classic version, then it is a good price, and if it is for the Standard version then it's an equal price - compared to the UK. £40 will only get you the Standard version here.

I am assuming you are looking for the console version, because there is nowhere in the world that you can buy or pre-order a PC Classic Version.

:)

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting it from Shopto..but they freaking want my CC info just to register me. I prefer using paypal as i don't feel comfortable giving them my CC details to store on file. I would hence rather buy it on a reliable platform like steam than take the risk for like 10$.

shopto are very reliable, and I use them quite a bit.

Regarding the credit card thing. If I remember correctly, they are a bit like Paypal when you first join. I think they make a small token charge on the card, which is credited back to you. A kind of card test ......

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%